• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

If it's the deputy I am thinking about...probably not!

There used to be a Trooper named Sanchez that worked the Leaky area that seemed to be a bike hater.
He's probably retired by now, I have not heard his name mentioned in a long time.

264ed10ef579ed14117e0e28fb576b9a.jpg

What a fascinating photo.

@Lee @henzilla it was a constable. Super nice guy. I'm still new at this riding thing (less than six months), I deserved the ticket. Lesson learned.

@rangerreece yeah, my buddy has a knack for photography. He snapped that pic with his phone when the constable wasn't looking.

P1040933.jpg

Hoping for rain in our parched desert in the Big Bend of Texas, we rode the River Road.
Bluebonnets continue to decorate the road sides with a fresh drink of sweet rain!

Voni
sMiling

Thanks!

The first ones poked their heads up just before Christmas and now all they need is some rain
to do an encore of our super bloom of last year. We found some almost 6 feet tall!

Voni
sMiling

Couple of pics from a day ride over to the NW Arkansas area and back.

The mill at War Eagle.

20160220_122625_zpslzaell7jblackout_zpsl6wiowho.jpg

The visitor center at Hobbs State Park.

20160220_120855_zpsh4sekgxmblackout_zpsxyunfzea.jpg

Just got in a minute ago from taking Gerdy on a gas run in Opp AL.

Saw this purple clover on the side of the road near my house. Had to "try" to capture the beauty with an iPhone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I too will join the choir... Nice photos Don. I like the way you got that XR set up. The mill looks good in the background. I see a hint of waterfall back there. Last night I googled all the waterfalls in Alabama. I'm thinking about making a waterfall tour of Alabama this year. Have tent: will travel.

The mill looks good in the background. I see a hint of waterfall back there. Last night I googled all the waterfalls in Alabama. I'm thinking about making a waterfall tour of Alabama this year. Have tent: will travel.

A lot of the old mills used water power. A waterway was damed and part of the flow was diverted to a waterwheel that turned a large stone wheel to grind the grain.

A lot of the old mills used water power. A waterway was damed and part of the flow was diverted to a waterwheel that turned a large stone wheel to grind the grain.

Yep I've been to a few. Here's one I discovered with my helicopter years ago along NOE ROUTE 172 near the chatahootchie river. Saved the lat long in my aircraft NAV system, wrote it down, then put it into my bikes GPS, and took my MM for a ride. It was a good day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was abandoned. We walked in is was unlocked. There were numerous artificers laying about from 50 to 100 years old. We could have just picked up whatever we wanted as a souvieneer but of course didn't. After all, we are a MM and we respected the owners property. NOE=Nap Of the Earth. Low level flight route.

Back