• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your one day ride photo.....

Almost home

Half way down the driveway, stopped and took a picture just to post it here.

a>

Heat Wave in Montana

In September I rode my 07 G.S. out to California with the thought that it would be great to store a bike their over the winter, flying out from time to time for a ride.
The trip out went well except for these unique hightlights.

1. Near Elko NV a trucker didn't think I gave him enought room to merge so he chased
me at 95 mph, running up on my tail to make a point?

2. Outside of Truckee Ca. a pickup truck hauling four ATV's dropped a five gallon can
of gasoline that did flips in front of me and bounced off of my right knee.

3. When I arrived in San Fran. I rented a car for a day and within five minutes I was
pulled over by the CHP.......I didn't know it was now illegal to chat on a handheld
cell phone while driving in CA. This was the first time I've been stopped in 25 yrs.

4. After storing my bike for one month in my friends car port, his neighbor reported
me to the Ca. Highway Patrol for having an unregistered vehicle in state.
Google: CHP Cheaters.....it's really interesting! I had to explain I hadn't moved
Calif. but was just visiting.

I'm back in Montana today and I went for a ride in Bozeman with the Temp. at a beautiful 72!
The photo was taken at Bridger Golf course about noon today.

Cheers!

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01692.JPG
    DSC01692.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 776
Got Salt?

This town barn stands ready with a supply of road salt.
But for now the roads are clean. Temps didn't make it to 30 today.

3050413095_5eecd936ef_b.jpg

It was an uncharacteristicly balmy day in southern Wyoming, so I rode to Cheyenne and stopped at Vedauwoo on the way back.

424288140_V7Udb-L.jpg

Only in America.......

Castles, Wienermobile and Beemermobile.......

Having left Montana in order to escape winter for a couple of days, I stumbled across the "wienermobile" a real piece of americana. Photo was taken Jan. 7, just before a ride to the Valley of Fire.

Cheers!

Mike:usa

Attachments

• Library - 156.jpg
    Library - 156.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 699
New years day

My son and I went for a short ride to the local park New Years Day.:thumb

Attachments

• DSC_0268.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 667
Yesterday most of the ice had melted off the side streets. It was a cloudless day with little wind and the temperature had finally climbed into the 40s. So I rode out to the next town - 30 miles away - an abandoned railroad stop. It's just a straight, flat two-lane, but it was great to be back on the bike!

456284985_b4VWR-L.jpg

34 degrees time to go for a ride.......

The roads are clear for the moment, so I took a ride up to "Bridger Bowl" ski station just outside of Bozeman, MT.
I can just about taste spring......

Attachments

• DSC01769.JPG
    DSC01769.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 718
Red Rock

I went out to escape winter for the day and took a ride into Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas. What a beautiful area and the temp. jumped up close to 80 F......loved it!

Attachments

• DSC01843.JPG
    DSC01843.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 695
One more......

I made the obligatory breakfast stop in search of a donut or pastry...and came across a "Whole Foods" market. What an amazing store, I wish we had one of these in Montana!:dance

Attachments

• DSC01854.JPG
    DSC01854.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 672
something you don't see every day around here...a Hindu Temple

Attachments

• P1010024.jpg
    P1010024.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 669
Back