• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

On the way to Zaruma, Ecuador

i-CRJXxjb.jpg

Wow, nice day ride! I know i ahould not covet thy neighbors goods but forgive me....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

in my experience...

I've never been to a motorcycle rally (I just started riding) but I wouldn't mind checking it out. Everyone just meets up for some rides and fellowship?
...in my experience, they're usually camp-outs in a nice park-type area, or perhaps something like a 4-H grounds, where there might be a few buildings that might be used for informational seminars, or group dining areas. There's often a band, vendors with lots of moto stuff FS, and usually some sort of food available for purchase.

But best of all, there are people...people with rigs you never imagined, people who've done stuff with motorcycles you never imagined, in places you never imagined, people who know more about motorcycles than seems possible...and they'll be happy to share some of that knowledge with you...or demonstrate it by taking one apart right there on the grass and fixing the insides, people who dance like they've just been whacked on the fanny with an electric cattle prod, people whose facial hair is beyond imagination, people with babies ...or dogs...BIG dogs in their sidecars, or little dogs in their tank bags, people with stories about crashes and rides and places that will make you want to go to ALL the rallies over and over.

...There might be beer:buds

Hope that helps...:thumb

Last edited:
...in my experience, they're usually camp-outs in a nice park-type area, or perhaps something like a 4-H grounds, where there might be a few buildings that might be used for informational seminars, or group dining areas. There's often a band, vendors with lots of moto stuff FS, and usually some sort of food available for purchase.

But best of all, there are people...people with rigs you never imagined, people who've done stuff with motorcycles you never imagined, in places you never imagined, people who know more about motorcycles than seems possible...and they'll be happy to share some of that knowledge with you...people who dance like they've just been whacked on the fanny with an electric cattle prod, people whose facial hair is beyond imagination, people with babies ...or dogs...BIG dogs in their sidecars, or little dogs in their tank bags, people with stories about crashes and rides and places that will make you want to go to ALL the rallies over and over.

Hope that helps...:thumb

Haha - love it!

Thanks

One of the best reasons to live in the Big Bend of Texas is days like this!

12741958_10206174960318582_744475672615779960_n.jpg

Should reach 80 the next few days!

Voni
sMiling

On the way from the Amazonia region of Ecuador back to Quito we crossed the Napo River, a major tributary of the Amazon River.

i-JvVfkks-XL.jpg

We also had to maneuver around a few road obstacles.

i-GKLd5TD-XL.jpg

Cow **** can be VERY slippery.

Where did you start your trip?

Looks like you can't say **** on this site :)

We rented bikes in Quito 12 days ago and explored from north near the border with Colombia, to the Pacific coast, south near the border with Peru and finally into the Amazonia area on the Nap River before returning to Quito. Our last night was spent in the jungle at the Cotococha Lodge on the Napo River, no electricity in the bungalows, only oil lamps, and certainly no internet. Great trip, memorable experience!

Mid to upper 50s today. Took both bikes out for a short 50 mile ride.
Yesterday was the first time the bikes have been started since November.

Feb_20_2016.jpg

Back