• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post your one day ride photo.....

From yesterday's ride on Colorado 103, below Echo Lake and Mt. Evans...

r1200rt103_hdr.jpg

Grafik, No photoshop but I did bring the table top tripod, captured three images, EV bracketing them for a HDR image. Oh, and this bike always has an aura about it.
lol.gif

Not a fan of of the paint job.

Duly noted. Since it is so offense to warrant a comment, what precisely don't you like (given that it's not your bike) the colors, the motif, the theme, or just that it isn't stock? Not a Chromehead? No hack?
:dunno

i-CrfPH7v-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, it flows pretty nicely. The stars clash with the roundel, but i can live with that (seeing that it's not mine)

The paint job is nicely done, and fairly attractive...

However, I have to agree with GrafikFeat on this one...

Personally I'm a bit tired of seeing the Stars and Stripes pasted across a bike, a butt, or just about anywhere else. It's a very meaningful symbol of the origins and history of our country, and the use of it as a "decorative" feature just demeans the flag.

Just my very personal opinion, and if that offends someone....too bad.

Respect.

Please read the United States Code:

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36
CHAPTER 10

?º176. Respect for flag

Again, duly noted. However, your site only pertains only to "the flag", not the colors, red, white, or blue, or to stars or stripes. If the owners had taken a "flag" and glued it to the bike your point would be more valid. Instead he used paint and stylized a suggestion of a flag. Do you also object to the costume of "Uncle Sam", which uses a similar stylizing, but is not made of an actual flag?

i-BPmL4fG-M.jpg

I think that the paint work was tastefully done and made a statement that the owner is proud of his country. But, even if I didn't like it, I would never feel compelled to walk up to him and inform him of such, even if in my mind I would be wondering "what were you thinking".

Again, duly noted. However, your site only pertains only to "the flag", not the colors, red, white, or blue, or to stars or stripes. If the owners had taken a "flag" and glued it to the bike your point would be more valid. Instead he used paint and stylized a suggestion of a flag. Do you also object to the costume of "Uncle Sam", which uses a similar stylizing, but is not made of an actual flag?
I think that the paint work was tastefully done and made a statement that the owner is proud of his country. But, even if I didn't like it, I would never feel compelled to walk up to him and inform him of such, even if in my mind I would be wondering "what were you thinking".

I'm not going to argue my opinion. Or start splitting hairs with you.
Colors are mentioned in the Code.
"My Site" I had chosen to link was one of thousands. Perhaps this one is better:
http://www.vfw.org/Community/Flag-Education/

As in grade school we were told "Two wrongs don't make it right."
"Because Tommy did it doesn't mean you should."

Do what what you want. I just happen to think it is disrespectful of the Flag and anyone who has died defending it.
Quoting: "The language of the federal code makes clear that the flag is a living symbol."
That's clear enough for me.

Oh... If I had seen it at the rally I prolly would have said something had the owner been standing there.
"Beautiful paint job... But did you know..."

I'm not going to argue my opinion. Or start splitting hairs with you.
Colors are mentioned in the Code.
"My Site" I had chosen to link was one of thousands. Perhaps this one is better:
http://www.vfw.org/Community/Flag-Education/

As in grade school we were told "Two wrongs don't make it right."
"Because Tommy did it doesn't mean you should."

Do what what you want. I just happen to think it is disrespectful of the Flag and anyone who has died defending it.
Quoting: "The language of the federal code makes clear that the flag is a living symbol."
That's clear enough for me.

Oh... If I had seen it at the rally I prolly would have said something had the owner been standing there.
"Beautiful paint job... But did you know..."

Sorry, I assumed that since you ventured to express your opinion, you also wanted to argue the point. Somehow I suspect that your unsolicited opinion about someone else's bike is in the minority. I hope that you can get out for a ride soon and enjoy life.

Back