• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your one day ride photo.....

Meem's Bottom Covered Bridge

There are several covered bridges in Virginia, but only 5 or 6 provide public access. This one is in northwestern Virginia. I understand there are many of these up north.

2013-05-31 09.09.10-1-L.jpg

PA 325 above McAllisterville, going into Bald Eagle State Forest.

16459F17-6FC6-43BB-B5FA-493BBE14F0C9-6537-00000DBB205F870C_zpscf738b9a.jpg

B8B3DEB1-B042-4A72-83BC-1838FB45B80B-6537-00000DBB7ED5C9D4_zps3f6227db.jpg

That's cool. I don't know anything about bridge construction, but they both appear have been built in a similar method.

Blue Ridge Parkway

I have been here before on my Oilhead. This morning was the first time on the /5. Nearly a perfect day. Temperatures in to 60s-70s. No traffic. Slight tailwind as I was riding north to south.

2013-06-14 10.40.12-L.jpg

Last edited:
The MOST wondrous thing!
Riding the River Road to Presidio today.
Stopped to take a shot of my favorite top of a hill scene.
A hummingbird zoomed in on my RED Panasonic Lumix Camera.
He was fascinated by it.
I snapped. I got it!
He stayed and let me admire him some more.

W O W!

Voni
sMiling

Voni,

that is crazy. One of those cool moments you will never forget...and you have a great picture to serve as a reminder. Very cool.

The MOST wondrous thing!
Riding the River Road to Presidio today.
Stopped to take a shot of my favorite top of a hill scene.
A hummingbird zoomed in on my RED Panasonic Lumix Camera.
He was fascinated by it.
I snapped. I got it!
He stayed and let me admire him some more.

W O W!

Voni
sMiling

That's a Hummingbird ? he looks large......Even your camera is red ? I'm almost as bad with blue :)

Back