• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMWs of Paris

U

USERNAME

lately a lot of you have been writing and calling me and saying, "username, what is the state of the BMW motorcycles in Paris? how are they doing?" so i thought i would go off and take a look and report back. so here you go, a small sampling of the beemers i went and checked on for you.

there is a special prize for anyone that can name the bike, as well as the location in every photograph.

paris_012.jpg

paris_014.jpg

paris_368.jpg

paris_016.jpg

paris_070.jpg

paris_387.jpg

paris_079.jpg

paris_232.jpg

paris_233.jpg

paris_254.jpg

paris_255.jpg

paris_307.jpg

paris_394.jpg

paris_404.jpg

statdawg - sweet, you got rue brea! it's not a big road. have you been in that area? there is an old timey candy shop on rue brea with incredible caramels. everything comes in a cool little metal box and the lady who runs it personally wraps everything by hand for you. it's really nice. she didnt speak english, so i had to ask her questions in my high school french, and she was super gracious. (as was the shoe repair guy a few doors up who directed me to a drug store.)

i enjoyed that neighborhood a lot in the short time i was there. that's a cool city.

Nice bikes. What really surprised me, was the pictures of the French gendarmes. The back of their jackets, as well as their bikes, spelled "Police". I believe that "police" is an English word. I doubt that would be allowed in our "belle province" of Quebec with their stringent, anti-English language laws.

Nice bikes. What really surprised me, was the pictures of the French gendarmes. The back of their jackets, as well as their bikes, spelled "Police". I believe that "police" is an English word. I doubt that would be allowed in our "belle province" of Quebec with their stringent, anti-English language laws.

this post intrigued me as NOBODY, not even the belle provincials, are more protective of french than Parisians. My Websters says that "police" is Middle French. I have a friend that worked for French Customs. ALL testimony for court records must be in French. He was in court when a witness used the term " Walkman". They stopped the testimony until it was agreed that the term for the Sony product would be " Ballader" which is basically the French term to sing while walking.

when i saw the guy with the baby carrier, and it was empty, it took ALL my self control to keep from yelling, "vous oubliez votre bebe!!!"

:ha

but maybe he lost it, and didnt forget it, and i couldnt remember the word for lost.

Back