• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Enough Winter! Signs of Spring . . .

Rub it in! :laugh -5F actual temp. expected tonight.

Pretty picture, though. Thanks for posting!

mmmmmm, west texas. voni, i'm headed that way at the end of march for a weekend of riding and hiking in big bend. weather should be perfect by then, with plenty of flowers. have you had rain this winter?

Nice pic!! We are having a lot of much needed rain here!! Although bad for business, it is good we get the wet stuff now as the Everglades are really dry.

We're pretty much where we should be for rainfall this season and we're in a nice dry stretch. The roads are slowly drying and the wildflowers are up in a big way. Mustard's usually first, from what I can see, but the magnolias and acacia trees are out, too. When the cherry trees start blossoming, I know true spring isn't far behind.

For us, spring is when it stops raining for the next 6 months. :ha

And great shot, Voni. :thumb

Springtime in north Texas

Well, Springtime 2007, anyway.

2262019018_c652cb1f54.jpg

Last edited:
mmmmmm, west texas. voni, i'm headed that way at the end of march for a weekend of riding and hiking in big bend. weather should be perfect by then, with plenty of flowers. have you had rain this winter?

Definitely should be great weather then. What fun you'll have!

We've had one day of snow and one day of all day light drizzle soaking in the ground. Other than that, it's been dry. But there was lots of rain in the summer and early fall. I'd expect gorgeous blooms!!

I'm loving the pictures. Keep them coming!

Voni
sMiling

RedWingedBlackBird.jpg

First real harbinger of spring - the Red Winged Black Bird. When this bird arrives unhook all the battery tenders.

After a few good days of rain, the perpetually brown hills outside Woody and Glenville are blanketed in green. It won't last long, but it sure is beautiful now.

254923607_Sizu9-L.jpg

254923230_a3VBo-L.jpg

254927628_wnEX5-L.jpg

0213Robins002c.jpg

Taken 2/13/2008. I hope this robin is a harbinger of spring.

this one calls for a caption contest. the bird is surrounded by tasty berries, but can't get at them!

great photo paul. my heart goes out to all you folks getting iced in. those storms are a real mixed blessing. they are beautiful, but leave quite a mess to clean up if they rip down a lot of trees.

Back