• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

I picked up quite a few this summer heading to Oregon. Hope to get a few more next summer. I must not visit the south much. :)

Visited states_motorcycle.jpg

Map is Good but what about decals?

So, I think that the map for the computers is a good idea. However, I've been wanting to find a place that sells decals, which are in the shape of the states, so that as I "chalk them off", I can keep adding the decals to my saddlebags (probably on the rear of the bags). I have an RT. Does anyone know where I can find them.

Gotta find a Central American map and fill it all in and a Canadian to fill in most of it but the NWT...........God bless.......Dennis

I decided to get the map (OP's link on page 1) and fill out the states that I've ridden a
motorcycle in. [In Hawaii, this was on a rented motorcycle.] In some of
the states the visit was way too brief and I need to get back for a longer visit. It was
interesting recalling the various trips that some of these visits entailed. For example, I
almost omitted South Carolina, but then recalled a trip in 1973 on a Honda 350 from NC
to just inside the SC border to purchase fireworks for New Years (and yes the ride down
was a bit brisk, but the ride back was better).

Capture.JPG

Two to go

My Bride and I picked up three more states during our recent trip west......we were able to add Nebraska,Colorado and Utah. Should I find the time I plan on a ride report of this trip.......it truely was an adventure

VisitedStatesMap2014.jpg

By the way..........those states are ALL BMW motorcycle covered states right??????........None of this rent a moped and then call it a motorcycle and a state..........THIS IS A BMW MOTORCYCLE CLUB afterall............God bless.....Dennis

What states have I riden in? Let's see....happy, sad, lonely, pissed off, semi-intoxicated, euphoric, wonder, sleepy, wired, and bored. That's about all I can think of.

Just wondering if these states are BMW MC/BMWMOA states that have been ridden in....or just any bike???????......Been blessed to have the opportunities to have ridden ALL of my miles on BMW's.......for me....I was lucky to pick up Hawaii when my son was there and I got a hop over there on a C-130 stayed with his family for a few weeks. Took forever to get a hop back to the states........His buddy down the block in military housing had an R65 and I got to ride it for the day...........God bless.......Dennis

I recently had the opportunity to ride in my 50th state (Hawaii, where I rode around the perimeter of Maui on a Harley!). I started (or restarted) riding in 2002, so in 12 years of riding I have visited all 50 states, 8 countries in Europe, and 5 provinces in Canada. All of this in about 250,000 miles of riding. Most of the miles were on the 2 BMW 1200 RTs I've owned, but over 70,000 miles were on Suzukis.

I counted 4 posts made by 50 state riders above here, so I guess I'm the 5th to join the list. Enjoyed all but KS (significant run-in with the law there!).

Thanks, and ride safe!

All but Hawaii. Not sure it's worth the flight.

Is a joke OK ?

A guy stops a little girl from stepping off a curb into traffic....God notices, and says to the man. You are always thinking of others, willing to do what you can..without hesitation,.. for others...you are truly one of my good children...I want to do something special for you. What would you like me to do ?.....the man thought briefly...and said well God I don't fly...but would like to see Hawaii . Could you build a bridge to Hawaii ? God replied.....whoa...that's a tuff one...the distance , the water depth , the curvature of the earth,..man that one may be impossible even for me !....is there something else special I could perhaps do for you ?....the man thought for a-bit and replied.....OK God how'bout giving me the ability to completely understand women....? God thought for a moment....and said.....getting back to that bridge....we talking two lanes or four ?........:p

ALARCACOCTDEGAHIIDILINIAKSKYMEMDMAMIMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I've been to every state but these are the ones that I've ridden some substantial miles on two wheels. I've been vacationing on Maui these last two summers and I've ridden more there than I would have had I been home. Alaska is on my bucket list and I'm sure I'll get the rest in the next few years. It's a few more miles when you live near the edge of the map :)

This is with just the LT

I believe the rule is you must travel to and from the state from home base. you need only get both wheels of the motorcycle in that state for even a moment.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap (2).jpg
    VisitedStatesMap (2).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 139
Back