• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Heidi and I rode in all the lower 48 plus Alaska on our bikes, plus rented a HD on the Island of Maui. Also road a HD a couple of years ago on the Aloha 1000 on the Big Island.

So the tally is 49 states on BMW's and 1 state on HD.

We did all 50 states in the same year.

bob

I rode over my world atlas this morning backing out of the garage, so does that count for a round the world tour?:laugh

Actually I have ridden half way around the world, since I started riding in Thailand back in 65 and Bangkok is exactly half round from DC.

As far as state side mostly east coast, haven't actually kept track but hope to cross the Miss. River this summer on my ride out west.

RM

(guess it all depends on why you interpret it, doesn't it?):whistle

... 32 States and 5 Provinces two-up in the past six years; 30 States and 5 Provinces solo since '98. This summer (if all goes by 'the plan') 35 States and 7 Provinces two-up. I would also add, as a Canadian travelling in the U.S., that every State (aka the people of that State) left us wanting to come back and stay longer. :usa Great "myth buster" this travelling is! -Bob

By bike in the last 8 years:

6184652175_2005d5f1dd.jpg
[/IMG]

6185173138_4a393e49b6.jpg

By cage, in the last 41:

visitedstatesmapvk9.jpg

Plus Ontario and Quebec.

Last edited:
Only 15 so far. If I get the chance to go to Gillette, I should double that amount.;)

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 369
Not to obvious what coast I live on. This is cool. Fill in the states. Gives me goal. Thanks:drink

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 357

Not Hawaii yet.

Most of Canada

Spain

South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Botswana, Zimbabwe

New Zealand planned for 09

I have ridden to 49 states and 10 provinces and 1 territory in Canada.
Like Paul I have not ridden in Hawaii.
And 2 tours in the Alps.

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

To bad there is no Australia since they have states like the US and Can.

Funny you should ask

I have ridden HD's (still have an Ultra Classic) and am sitting in Honolulu typing this as on Friday (it's still Thursday here) I will have my 50th state on a HD renting a Road Glide tomorrow. I bought my first BMW in August and am starting over to get all 50 states on a BMW. I'm getting the hardest one out of the way early as I rented a 1150 R today. So I ask the masses, do you know anyone that has all 50 on two different brands? I will have around 20 or so by June on the BMW. I'll get them it may take a while. It took me 7 years to get to 50 on the HD, 5 to get 49.

changes

After you create your own map and save it,
how do you add states?
Or do you just start over each time?

Thanks, Phil

Just lacking Hawaii . . .

And Nunavut! Didn't even know that was there.

Paul , on our way to Alaska this summer . . .

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 329
Back