Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Just wondering if these states are BMW MC/BMWMOA states that have been ridden in....or just any bike???????......Been blessed to have the opportunities to have ridden ALL of my miles on BMW's.......for me....I was lucky to pick up Hawaii when my son was there and I got a hop over there on a C-130 stayed with his family for a few weeks. Took forever to get a hop back to the states........His buddy down the block in military housing had an R65 and I got to ride it for the day...........God bless.......Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Tewster2 View Post
    What states have I riden in? Let's see....happy, sad, lonely, pissed off, semi-intoxicated, euphoric, wonder, sleepy, wired, and bored. That's about all I can think of.
    And at least North Carolina.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

I recently had the opportunity to ride in my 50th state (Hawaii, where I rode around the perimeter of Maui on a Harley!). I started (or restarted) riding in 2002, so in 12 years of riding I have visited all 50 states, 8 countries in Europe, and 5 provinces in Canada. All of this in about 250,000 miles of riding. Most of the miles were on the 2 BMW 1200 RTs I've owned, but over 70,000 miles were on Suzukis.

I counted 4 posts made by 50 state riders above here, so I guess I'm the 5th to join the list. Enjoyed all but KS (significant run-in with the law there!).

Thanks, and ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGLASRLAIRD View Post
    All but Hawaii. Not sure it's worth the flight.

Is a joke OK ?

A guy stops a little girl from stepping off a curb into traffic....God notices, and says to the man. You are always thinking of others, willing to do what you can..without hesitation,.. for others...you are truly one of my good children...I want to do something special for you. What would you like me to do ?.....the man thought briefly...and said well God I don't fly...but would like to see Hawaii . Could you build a bridge to Hawaii ? God replied.....whoa...that's a tuff one...the distance , the water depth , the curvature of the earth,..man that one may be impossible even for me !....is there something else special I could perhaps do for you ?....the man thought for a-bit and replied.....OK God how'bout giving me the ability to completely understand women....? God thought for a moment....and said.....getting back to that bridge....we talking two lanes or four ?........
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

I've been to every state but these are the ones that I've ridden some substantial miles on two wheels. I've been vacationing on Maui these last two summers and I've ridden more there than I would have had I been home. Alaska is on my bucket list and I'm sure I'll get the rest in the next few years. It's a few more miles when you live near the edge of the map
    2012 K1600GT, Vermillion Red (for the epic road trips)
    2013 S1000RR, Granite Gray (for the track)
    2014 KLR 650, White/Black (for the TAT)

This is with just the LT

I believe the rule is you must travel to and from the state from home base. you need only get both wheels of the motorcycle in that state for even a moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    you need only get both wheels of the motorcycle in that state for even a moment.
    Whats the point of that? Those are riders for the t-shirt. LOL

23, and Ontario CA

I rode my bike to 23 states including renting one time in NV.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    Whats the point of that? Those are riders for the t-shirt. LOL
    What's the point of renting in that state? Sure fun.......but really does not count
    J C Hughes

[QUOTE=DennisDarrow;971120]Just wondering if these states are BMW MC/BMWMOA states that have been ridden in....or just any bike???????......

Your not really riding if it isn't on a BMW!
    Gail Thorne
    G650GS
    KLR650

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I believe the rule is you must travel to and from the state from home base. you need only get both wheels of the motorcycle in that state for even a moment.

I would consider Hawaii the exception to this rule
    2000 R1100RT
    Niagara BMW Riders #298

BMWMCO #45

Agreed
    J C Hughes

Looks like 21 since I started in 2009. I'm planning on picking up some Canadian maritime provinces (and Vermont!) later this summer, possibly Newfoundland but probably not Labrador. Dang day job.

My map shows all states visited on 2 wheels, only 3 of them aren't on a BMW. If a Hawaii rental counts, so does a California rental I count the state if I did anything more significant than food or gas in it - curvy roads, attractions, sights.

VisitedStatesMap.gif
    2015 R1200 RT

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

Smile Obviously I need to ride EAST!

...and I intend to fix that this summer by heading straight to Larry's River NS via the northern route and back through the south.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

VisitedProvincesMap.gif
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]