• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

This is fun. I got 26 so far. Over the years as I have traveled around the country I keep track of what States I have ridden in. Online I found a site where you check off the states you have ridden in (or whatever) and it creates a color map you can save to you're computer.Click on the link below to go to the site. Then to really test you're computer skills, post it on this thread!
Oh, and it doesn't count if you flew somewhere and rented a bike. That's cheating! My thread, my rules....:nono

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Here's my map, I gotta get North Dakota this Summer, I got it surrounded!:laugh
>

need 7...thanks! I had no idea really until you posted this

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap2.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,219
A quick count reveals that I have only 16 so far, though that does include Hawaii.

As I live in the southwest, I have ridden in Mexico, too.

32, as well as New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Cape Breton Island. I anticipate adding at least 10 more by the end of this calendar year.

Floyd

32, as well as New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Cape Breton Island. I anticipate adding at least 10 more by the end of this calendar year.

Floyd
If you scroll down on the map link page you can do Canada as well. Here's my Canadian conquests::type

Attachments

• VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    VisitedProvincesMap.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,203
more pls

Fun. I woundn't have guessed that high a number off the top of my head, but a couple less-than-memorable trips added to the great ones turns out to be quite a few. I wish I could've traded several of the back and forth across Kansas and Nebraska for some better scenery, but you gotta get to the mountains somehow and those two almost always seem to be in the way. At least if you're in a hurry to get up there.

after re-reading and looking at the snow outside, I'll take Kansas and Nebraska any day. And they were all great trips. Heck. I was on my motorcycle!

Attachments

• CAARGPMJ.jpg
    CAARGPMJ.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,206
Last summer to celebrate my 55th birthday, I did a 2-week, 9000 mile ride to all 48 contiguous states.

It was the trip of a lifetime!

Here is the >>LINK<< to my Daily Blog.........

VisitedStatesMap.jpg

mainly due to parole issues and electronic bracelet limitations...

Well, when I did it, I was surprised. I didn't think that I had hit a lot of the states, since most of my riding has been done in the west. But when I was checking off the states, I found that I had hit nearly all of them.

I would say, however, that there's a number of the states that I have really done nothing more than ridden through, rather than really having spent any time exploring.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,189
mine's missing some big, pretty parts of the country, but i've only been riding a little over 3 years:laugh

i rode someone else's bike in florida:bolt

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,187
I would say, however, that there's a number of the states that I have really done nothing more than ridden through, rather than really having spent any time exploring.
If you're 2 wheels hit any square inch of a state it counts! I rode from Denver to the Sipapu, NM rally a few years ago and went by way of SE Colorado, across the panhandle of OK and then the very tip of the NW corner of the panhandle of TX. Score both!!!:dance

Most of N.America:)

No Alaska or Hawaii on a bike, but everywhere else. All 48 many times over, for most of the states. Did the Canada coast to coast in '06 on the way to Vermont Rally and this was very good for the senses:). Canada is very nice and much less populated, for the most part. Of course their insects make up the difference, as I like camping and the flies and mosquitoes rule in late afternoons. We have this in our lower 48 as well, so no blemish on Canada. Well traveled Beemers under this rider. Randy13233:usa I would have gladly added the Maple Leaf here, alongside my cherished Old Glory, but its not in the add on files! It should be added!....Make note, somebody at web central:)Thx.

48 and "sorta 1)

48 states, passenger in Hawaii, Mexico and 5 canadian provinces.

I'm still missing Alaska:cry

All of 'em, except that pesky water-locked one. Six Canadian Provinces. Mostly due to a 48 State ride in 2006, and two trips to Alaska.

Back