• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many States have you ridden your bike in?

Over the years, I had ridden in all but 4 of the states. This year I decided to ride in all 50 and finished up last week. Did 49 and a couple of Canadian provinces on my F800ST and rented a G650GS in Hawaii.

I used to keep a map of the US in my tankbag and chart my wanderings on it at the end of each day. About a dozen years ago I retired it (it was falling apart), laminated it and stapled it to a wall in the garage. No Idea how many states I've been in, and couldn't care less.

Attachments

• MAP.jpg
    MAP.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 141
aeccb592.jpg

kinda pathetic, but I'm working on it.

It's a Big State!

I went north from Central Texas through OK, KS, MO, IA all the way to Duluth, MN and back. Not too many states, but I have been all around Texas. That's far more miles than I put into my trip!

What can you do when you live in the middle of a huge state? Everything really is bigger here!

T

25 plus the District of Columbia. I should hit/ride all of the lower 48 over the next few years plus several Canadian Provinces.
Now up to 28 after Bloomsburg.
Ride Safe :usa :usa :bolt

Last edited:
New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachussetts...

Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia (and two provinces of Canada--New Brunswick and Nova Scotia)

I just started riding longer distances this summer. Years ago I rode in Kenya and later in Germany.

on edit: Added Michigan, and Ohio with a ride from Detroit to New Jersey.

Last edited:
I need to ride some more...

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap2002-2010.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap2002-2010.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 192
most of TX, plus LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, PA, WV, TN, AR, NM,AZ,

Work keeps getting in the way of my riding adventures :(

A man was walking on the beach and stubbed his toe on an ancient looking lamp. Bending down to pick it up, he wiped the sand off the lamp and
WHHOOOOSSHHH!
Out came a genie! The genie said
"I am eternally grateful for being released from the prison of that lamp that an evil wizard tricked me into. Unfortunately, with inflation being what it is I can only give you one wish so make it good."
The man thought and thought and thought.
"Wellll," he said. "If there's only one wish I think I would like a bridge to Hawaii. I'm deathly afraid of flying and my wife gets terribly seasick and our kids and grandkids live in Hawaii. I would really like to jump on my R12RT and take a trip on this bridge to see them."
The genie exploded!
"Are you crazy?!! Do you know how far that is? Do you know how deep the Pacific is?, The shipping lanes? The storms? The permits that would take?!! It'll never happen! You'll have to come up with something else."
"Wellll.... the man said. If I can't have the bridge, I guess I would like to be able to understand women as my wish."

The genie was quiet for a long time and finally said "So, how many lanes did you want on that bridge anyways?"

Lots of great riding

Thanks for the map url, it really helped us see where we have gone. More states than we had thought. Now we can look at riding the others.

Can't seem to post attach the picture but it has been 8 provinces and 32 states. Mostly by '05 K1200LT and '06 R1200RT.:bikes

Seems like a southern trip is in order! And what's up with South Dakota? I guess it's just not on the way to anywhere.

1124939185_5jBK3-M.jpg

Back