• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Iron Pony Question?

Darryl Cainey

Sir Darby
Has anyone delt with Iron Pony in Wesrerville Ohio?

Are they as big and carry as much stuff as they advertise?

Darryl

Last edited:
The Iron pony is about the size of an old K-Mart. and it is full of motorcycle things.
I usually find things that I can't live without when i go.

Has anyone delt with Iron Pony in Wesrerville Ohio?

Are they as big and carry as much stuff as they advertise?

Darryl

I worked for them when they were very small.
87-91 or so.
Lots of good people there.
They are in an old Super Kmart. I think it is almost 100K Square feet.
They have a little of everything.
I am from Columbus & go to visit my parents there often.
I am probably in the store 6 or 8 times a year.
Give me an idea of what you want to see & I'll let you know if you are likely to find it in stock there.

Columbus is a great weekend, Iron Pony, AMA HQ & museum (20 miles away) Wright Patterson Air Force Museum (75 Miles away)

I was there at Christmas & picked up a Technic 3/4 length jacket (with real brand name Gore-Tex) for $169!

They have tons of closeouts.

Columbus is a great weekend, Iron Pony, AMA HQ & museum (20 miles away) Wright Patterson Air Force Museum (75 Miles away)

Columbus also has 2 BMW dealers (one on the east side of town and the other on the west side). Re-Psycle BMW is a great place for airhead lovers - about 25 miles away.

The old Competition Accessories (about 50 miles away) used to be a BMW dealer and had a lot of stuff, but usually not much in stock.

Re: Iron Pony - I've gone there to get inner tubes at times when the regular motorcycle shops were closed. It is a motorcycle K-Mart. Lots of m/c t-shirts. Lots of inexpensive helmets. Lots of stunt videos. A few old bikes on display (loaned from the AMA Vintage Museum). Prices at Iron Pony haven't seemed to be super cheap. There may be less expensive alternatives on the internet. I'd only go there if I needed something and they had it and I wanted it right away.

I worked for them when they were very small.
87-91 or so.

Give me an idea of what you want to see & I'll let you know if you are likely to find it in stock there.

Thanks for offering to do a recon for me. I'am looking for a Ladies Lena Jacket in RED and Ladies Adventure Pant in Black both made by Fieldsheer in probably a size 14.
I am a little leary to just order over the internet without trying it on first. not a big deal to return if it doesn't fit unitl you have to deal with customs/brokerage to get it through the border.

Thanks again,

Terry Cainey
(Canadian Lady in Red)

I live about 35 miles from the store and drop in often. A phone call will get any of your questions answered. I've only ever had to return one defective item and they exchanged it with no questions. Lots of things to look over so if you go there allow plenty of time.
Also when in Columbus be sure to visit Barley's Ale House #1 or #2. Some of the best micro brew in the country.

I drive within a mile of Iron Pony twice a day. They have a huge selection of stuff, and I have boought several tires there, and I picked up a Teknic jacket there around Christmas. The place is huge.

I drive within a mile of Iron Pony twice a day. They have a huge selection of stuff, and I have boought several tires there, and I picked up a Teknic jacket there around Christmas. The place is huge.

We are going to stop at Iron Pony on our way out to Gillette!

Can you reccomend a reasonably priced Motel / Hotel close by with a eatery / pub nearby within walking distance?

Darryl

Iron Pony Internet

I've dealt with Iron Pony over the net a few times. They may not be supercheap - it depends on the item - but they are generally comparable, and the customer service is stellar. They are quick, too - ordered a cover from them, standard shipping, and it was in my hands two days later.

Back