• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment 02/09/08

Occoquan River Island

winter005-1.jpg

RM

Winter in Sunny Florida

While we don't get any snow here, it does get chilly from time to time. This past Saturday the Main Street merchants hosted another street party. As you can see everyone is in long pants and/or jackets. The man in the center of the frame, facing the camera, even has rosy cheeks!

DaytonaWinter-007.jpg

This crowd was tame compared to Bike Week, which is less than 4 weeks away! If any of you photo-geeks plan to come and would like to meet up, contact me.

Art
aka Kartcon

In winter

I go to Basketball games at Mizzou Arena to watch my Missouri Tigers. Here's a few pics taken from my seat handheld no flash with my D 80 and my 18-200 Nikon lense.
The first I panned with the flag to keep the flag in focus in the pregame routine.
250594662-L.jpg

JT Tiller the leading scorer with 20

Shooting free throws. No 30 for K State is Michael Beasley a freshman widely considered to be the best player in the country and next year's number one pick in the NBA Draft.
250598534-L.jpg

We mostly see those mare's tail clouds in the winter out here in the desert.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• VoniWinter.jpg
    VoniWinter.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 156
We mostly see those mare's tail clouds in the winter out here in the desert.

Voni
sMiling

Voni, if I may repay the compliment, I think your photo is one of your best to date. It is very well composed and focused. All the lines draw your eye to the figures in silhouette.

There is a difference between a "snapshot" and a photograph. Your photograph illustrates that well.

A fine visual composition :)

Ride out the storm

This is a wonderful image.

I really enjoy the compatibility of color (or lack there of) and the light area of the clouds which serves as a background for the gull which otherwise may have been lost in the surrounding darkness.

How did you keep the lens dry?

-Alex

250804150-L.jpg

Coming in, or going out?

The taupe indoors is slightly less dull than the weather outside....but only slightly.

Winter

Winter means skiing in our house.

The 3 year old's first lift ticket...

20080203-001.jpg

The 3 year old's second chairlift ride (dad rode with him on his 1st ride, and took pictures of his second ride)...

20080203-025.jpg

This is a wonderful image.

I really enjoy the compatibility of color (or lack there of) and the light area of the clouds which serves as a background for the gull which otherwise may have been lost in the surrounding darkness.

How did you keep the lens dry?

-Alex

Thanks. I have a large lens cover, which is meant for a bigger lens but was ok if a little cumbersome yesterday on the smaller lens. It's made by LIGHTWARE and it covers the lens and the camera.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/121442-REG/Lightware_RC100_RC100_Rain_Cover.html

I wasn't entirely successful at keeping the front of the lens dry, as there was some light rain and a lot of swirling wind and I wasn't as diligent as I should have been at wiping it down. So ended up with some spots on other photos. Challenging conditions but I actually had a break in the clouds for the seagull which afforded a small amount of light on the bird for a brief second or two.

:blush I didn't read the assignment entirely, so what did I do? I went out in the backyard and shot a pile of snow. :uhoh Anyway, I attempted to mimick sunlight with an off camera flash shooting before dawn using a gold reflector. :scratch

251538610-L.jpg

251538607-O.jpg

Back