• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

158403436_PTcvm-L.jpg

What's happening with this picture, it looks like the bridge is listing?

Man I hate work! I had some good ones and my op came and went while slaving away for The Man :mad

I was!!!... the bridge was fine... :ha
I like "things" to be listing... I have a 17~85mm lens just for that, it has become my favorite. That was a full moon in the CA Delta, forgot the name of the town.

Beemerchef, is that Spirit howling on #526? Great shot regardless.

No! I wish it was... It is a wood Coyote on Roger's property, a rider friend from Terlingua, we all call him UNCLE... (I still don't know why!). He was kind enough to let me camp indefinitely there... Think about that view every morning... and then Big Bend basted in red colors by the sunset on the opposite side... I miss that place!!!
Thanks for asking... be well and stay well.
Ara & Spirit

Here is a close up...
220813115_NjvV3-M.jpg

... and another moment. That morning was magical... I shot about 500 frames in about 30 minutes. I set this one up with a High Definition software since I bracket my pictures. It takes all 3 shots and makes it into one with the ability to change much aspects of the lighting. I don't do it that often... but this time was worth it.
220813030_JQ78L-M.jpg

Floating on the Salton Sea

Beemerchef when you took image #528 you must have been just a few miles (north or south) from our place here at the Salton Sea. I'd recognise those Chocolate Mts. in the background even if I was blindfolded. We wake up to this kindof view (looking east) almost every morning. We are trying to make this our winter refuge but other obligations / things seem to keep getting in the way.
Cheers
Dave, Dot & Freckles (Desert) Doggie

Nice work & great capture Beemerchef.

BTW what kind of vehicle is that at the cookout?

I just figured out the "cookout" part... I am so slow these days! Tooth infection... (good excuse?).
It is a Mercedes Bus, German Co that makes Tours. The poor driver of course drives and also cooks! The german tourists (30 of them) do help. They sit up front during the day and sleep in those cubicles at night and do campgrounds for showers and so forth. Cheap... for one month including airfare $3000 (from Germany). But... much cramped... I had met the same driver in Yosemite... this picture was in Big Bend and he recognized us!... well, Spirit anyhow... Their African Tours sound interesting, same vehicle but all wheel drive... expedition type bus...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

Who knew that California had a DELTA??? Certainly NOT us ignorant Canucks:dunno

The Delta, near Sacramento, is very cool to ride. I would leave in the am GPS off and just ride and get lost totally using my sense of direction (unvaluable...:laugh ) which is impossible because of the bends throughout the channels! Ferries, bridges... Even the locals still get lost, only the old timers don't! If you have a chance great place to spend a few days...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

A uniquely understated, apt transition.

Good eye.

Death Valley is our club's playground, being a fewer than four hours from home. We sometimes go to Panamint Springs for lunch.

It was the sticker in my case...
I was reading your posts in the other thread. Very nice. I wish I would have waited and also purchase the 40D instead of the 30D on wich I use the ChappelHill sensor cleaning method... but will take it in friday in Atlanta to some pros for more cleaning! Oh! well... a Mark III with a 15~35mm IS L series also would do!!!:laugh

Thanks... Ara & Spirit

It was the sticker in my case...
I was reading your posts in the other thread. Very nice. I wish I would have waited and also purchase the 40D instead of the 30D on wich I use the ChappelHill sensor cleaning method... but will take it in friday in Atlanta to some pros for more cleaning! Oh! well... a Mark III with a 15~35mm IS L series also would do!!!:laugh

Thanks... Ara & Spirit

And I'll be wishing I had waited for the 50D. . . . It's a never-ending cycle. 30D's a great camera, and will remain so for many years to come.

A uniquely understated, apt transition.

Good eye.

Death Valley is our club's playground, being a fewer than four hours from home. We sometimes go to Panamint Springs for lunch.

Nice playground!
Must admit to getting a touch of vertigo on the way into DV with those exposed edges.
It was the start of a ride from lowest point to highest. I failed on the highest due to inclement weather, but did cross Tioga Pass instead; I'd crumpled at the sight of it on the Unchained across the USA ride, earlier. So a personal achievement. I still get vertigo on edges though, so kill or cure didn't achieve either.

Back