• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Elephants at water's edge.

GSteve:
That is really beautiful. I find myself going back to it. Balance, perspective, and light with a synergy that elevates the image.
Where were you? Were you on the water? Or in it? I love the low point of view.

The moma, with her ears out at the critical moment, plus they all have there attention directly focused at the viewer.

Nice work!

Elephants at water's edge.

GSteve:
That is really beautiful. I find myself going back to it. Balance, perspective, and light with a synergy that elevates the image.
Where were you? Were you on the water? Or in it? I love the low point of view.

The moma, with her ears out at the critical moment, plus they all have there attention directly focused at the viewer.

Nice work!

Thanks for the kind words. We were in Botswana in a ground level blind about 20 feet from the edge of a one acre pond.

It was an amazing experience as there were several Impala at the pond prior to the arrival of the elephants. The Impala suddenly scattered for no apparent reason than about 20 elephants came trotting to the watering hole. The wife and I did not not hear the immense pacyderms coming. The only sound that gave away their approach was the trumpeting, which raised the hair on the back of our necks. At times these wild, free ranging elephants were close enough to our hide that we could have reached out and touched their feet. Awesome experience!

i-ZJdQQh5-X2.jpg

GSteve!

You have posted so many show stoppers in this thread. I'm often at a loss as how to possibly follow your lead.

Thanks for continuing to raise the bar.

Voni
sMiing

GSteve!

You have posted so many show stoppers in this thread. I'm often at a loss as how to possibly follow your lead.

Thanks for continuing to raise the bar.

Voni
sMiing

Voni,

Thanks your generous comment. You and the other contributors to this thread always present a challenging insight and I just do my best to respond. Fun stuff, fun folks!

Growing up on a farm in Illinois having a little stream about that size in one of the pastures to play in opened up a world of imagination. 60+ years still makes me smile.

I love that that touched you.

When I was teaching in Kansas, this was on the dead end road where I hiked to center myself.

Just revisited.

Voni
sMiling

Back