• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Thanks!

It was the middle of a long wet day, and after a wet ferry ride on the world's longest free ferry, it was another hundred miles more or less on wonderfully curvy roads to the Nakusp Hot Springs Rally.

We'd do it again, in a heartbeat!

Voni
sMiling

My wife and I found ourselves on a Cape Cod beach at sunset. The surf was shifting from high to low tide, and as the ocean receded, it left these subtle patterns in the sand. There were millions of them. The random geometry nature created was outstanding and worthy of attention. Trying to capture the raking warm amber sunset light to highlight the dimension and knowing the shadows would go blue in the Ektachrome, this provided a nice juxtaposition of opposite colors to play with. I have a bias to use the vertical format, and I don't know why. But I thought it gave the image more energy, raking from left to right. The camera was parallel to the beach, on tripod, pointed straight down, about 3 feet from the surface. I captured a series of shots as the sun set, and this particular one appealed to me most. I can almost hear the waves.....

Last edited:
Back