• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Hey GSteve, you're quick on the photo posting! Three minutes after I post a photo of the old coke ovens, you post a shot of the same ones! Obviously, you visited them at an earlier time, since they weren't restored as much yet. Cool.

Hey GSteve, where was photo #10533 taken, and does that building have a name?

This was one of a multitude of structures at Las Pozas near Xilitla, MX. The construction was the artistic dream of Edward James a contemporary and friend of Salvador Dahli. It is a unique venue, but I was confounded in my photographic efforts to give a true sense of the magnitude and complexity of the site. It's well worth a visit if you're ever in that part of Mexico. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haap2CJVJdw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_James

Last edited:
GSteve, once again I must comment not only on your photographic skills, but the diversity and variety of subject matter!

I must admit that I'm in awe of the vast range of your travels, and enjoy your posts emensly!! Just a word of thanks for all your posts....

Ken

GSteve, once again I must comment not only on your photographic skills, but the diversity and variety of subject matter!

I must admit that I'm in awe of the vast range of your travels, and enjoy your posts emensly!! Just a word of thanks for all your posts....

Ken

Thanks for the kind words Ken. The wife and I both enjoy traveling when the time and money availability intersect. She prefers planes and automobiles, while the bike is my mode of choice. Fortunately her work has afforded us several opportunities to visit some rather exotic locals and live in a few others. Even while living back in the USA we manage to find some cheap trips to some unusual destinations. Making memories together is the best! Although solo trips on the bikes isn't too bad either. :)

Marc, the utility company digging your back yard up?:eek

thought I see a cable roller, duct rodder reel, and a electric tugger. Been there done that!

Just local plumbers that I had to pay to replace a collapsed section of sewer line. The original pipe was Orangeberg (think asphalt impregnated cardboard tube) that typically lasts about 50 years before collapsing. My house was just over 50 years old when I took those pics.

Luck was partially with me when I found that either they didn't put orangeberg under the slab or some previous owner had fixed that part when expanding the house. That didn't stop the need to jackhammer through the slab to dig about a grave sized hole in my family room. :bluduh

p-20090930-1552-5803-XL.jpg

Very familiar wit orangeberg...there are miles of it under the streets of downtown Austin. Whenever we needed to upgrade the 1940's lead sheathed cable, the ductwork collapsed as it was pulled thru:banghead

When I worked for the power company in Houston, we had to upgrade the failing direct buried cable in the NASA area...in everyone's nicely landscaped back yards. Folks were not happy to say the least, but when the power failed, even more so. Looked like your yard!

#10850 There must be an interesting story behind this picture.

Or an interesting behind story...

I was going for the out of focus theme.

Funky Junk Art Show at the Starlight Theater in the Ghostown of Terlingua Texas was streaked!

Voni
sMiling

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if folks see the current image when posting. It seems a few images "overlook" the latest twist in the thread.
Perhaps cntrl+R or command+R to refresh the page?

...just an observation... :brow

It a good place to visit every now and then as apparently the owners collection is larger than will fit in the museum (which is one of the "storefronts" in a strip mall) and he rotates the bikes on display every so often.

Back