• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

2258978630_52d39ab46b_o.jpg

As I reflect on my own pending parenthood, I've got to say, this is really a cute picture.

They must have gotten a deal on those guns, Gail. The ones I posted are just up the road in Bar Harbor and look to be from the same foundry. Now I'm curious and wonder how many more there are in the area. Time to explore some more...

Have you seen the new bridge at Fort Knox? There's an observation deck up there in the far tower. It wasn't open last time I went by there.

dsc00920ba2.jpg

That's a cool looking bridge Tom. It has the Bunker Hill look of the Zakim Bridge.

My picture is from 2001. I tend to head toward VT more than toward Maine. Maybe this season we'll explore Maine more!

Refer #412

One of the satisfying by products of these threads is when you search for the postable picture, you almost relive the moment (time/place), you took the picture.

The contributers to the thread have a cache of pix and I'll bet most haven't gone back into them, but for this thread.

#412 was in the middle of a Euro solo tour thru Western Italy/Sardinia/Corsica to Venice. I had wanted to have an Afagato in front of the same restaurant on the Plaza San Marco in Venice, that I had on my first Euro bike tour in 1970.

I wanted to visit the quarries in Carrera to see Marble production. I'm in building & I sculpt so my interest was strong. Here I was 4 hours after renting a 1100S in Milan (traveling in my true solo fuggawi fashion) in the middle of the mountain, I heard tinkering. Chiesal on stone, sculpters were working in the area. I got off the bike to head to a tarp they were working under to ask where the plants were. I don't speak any other language than a poor English, but I've learned to point well.

There were 4 or 5 and I approached a young gal chiseling. In my best loud (they understand you better), halting English I asked where the foundries were. In perfect English she said further up the hill. Huh. where are you from, I asked. Pennsylvania she said. Hmmm small world. They were an American group taking sculpting lessons.

The contributers to the thread have a cache of pix and I'll bet most haven't gone back into them, but for this thread.

iPhoto gives me the ability to easily stay in touch with those old pictures, and I do. Next step is to scan all those old snapshots.

Great Bridge

It's a great spot by the bridge. We were pushing through so we didn't have time to stop in town, but it looked great from the bridge...

Cleveland....what a fascinating river town....lots of industrial stuff, drawbridges, steel mills etc. I had one brief 4 day business trip there in the mid-80s. Spent a whole day wandering the city with my Nikon F2.

Nothing like that up here in the Anchorage area...I miss being able to photograph old buildings, industrial areas, machinery, etc. I cut my teeth taking photographs of the mills, warehouse district, etc in Minneapolis before moving to Alaska 20 years ago.

This was one of my early scans from a 35mm transparency using a now retired Canoscan FS2720 film scanner. Come to think of it, the Nikon F2s are mostly retired now too.

Here's the color version.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• 4A-19-1639-Cleveland Bridge & Tugs-1-7x10.jpg
    4A-19-1639-Cleveland Bridge & Tugs-1-7x10.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 123
#426 Gold leaf dome
#427 - Marina

Association??

(I have more ferry pictures than sunsets...:doh )

#426 followed #425 which was a tiled dome.

I have no idea where #427 came from, I just followed with masts..

You have more ferry pix because you don't get up early enough... :p

#459 - I don't get the connection between the religious aspect and the mechanics of an engine repair. Concow rider care to explain?

Sorry Rags, I there is no way to explain the religious aspects of untangling the malfunctioning steering gear in a 50 year old 70 foot steel tug boat. You would have to talk to the vessel owner, my older brother. I think at least some of us prayed a bit in hopes we would not be stranded over night on that steel beast! Needless to say we did not finish the tug boat race heat (600hp and under) we were entered in.
Cheers
Dave

My mouth is watering over this one...please post a link to the recipe! :eat

Can you believe I just found this thread!!! Too funny...
The recipe is on our website, click on the "recipe" link... there are a few more... It is a 30mn recipe...

I really liked the association of someone posting the car with the doors opening upwards after I posted the statue of Marylin with her skirt flying up...

Be well... Ara & Spirit

*correction... going back into this thread I see that you found the recipe... well done.

Sorry Rags, I there is no way to explain the religious aspects of untangling the malfunctioning steering gear in a 50 year old 70 foot steel tug boat. You would have to talk to the vessel owner, my older brother. I think at least some of us prayed a bit in hopes we would not be stranded over night on that steel beast! Needless to say we did not finish the tug boat race heat (600hp and under) we were entered in.
Cheers
Dave

I'm still confused.

Isn't the spirit of this thread is that we must have a link to a previous pic to post our pic?

Back