• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

The fisherman makes me sad, kinda like I felt looking at the little birds playing in the water, kinda like a reminder that no one likes to play with just one friend all the time.

#1568.

Very proud of this, two links for the price of one. One fairly obvious, the other more tenuous and lateral.

Can you spot them both?

#1568.

Very proud of this, two links for the price of one. One fairly obvious, the other more tenuous and lateral.

Can you spot them both?

let me see, a camel is considered the ship of the desert, so a ship should be considered the Camel of the Sea? :lol

RM

OK Lamble, I will take a stab at the connection. The camel is known as the "Ship of the desert" and there is a ship in the photo. The camel has a hump(s) and the flukes are of a humpback whale, i believe. The ocean has waves and the sand has waves. :wave

Both got the camel and ship, but the other one I was thinking of was the flip flop and I know technically a tail isn't a flipper (or is it?) I did chuckle when I saw it myself.

I must get out into the fresh air more!

What goes flip flip flip?
A mono-ped on his way across the beach.

One final point...the flip flop wearer isn't me. That nail polish colour isn't my shade.

Photo #1610

Hallis - what's the story behind the photo? The horses on the hill are statues, yes? A monument of some sort?

Wild Horse Monument

This is between Moses Lake and Ellensburg Washington at Vantage.
Quick blast from Montana last weekend on the way to the Puget Sound to
see my son. Large metal sculptures on a high hill overlooking the Columbia River.
You can find them on the web.
307144569_oYJaX-L
307144569_oYJaX-L

Last edited:
Paris! in the Tuileries Garden. I'd sworn your photo was from the same place only a different angle. There is a retrospective of the artist's work coming up in NYC, Louise Bourgeois, which I have to get to.

Pjk

The one in Paris really caught my eye having grown up in the 50's and watching all of those SciFi movies; Earth vs. the Spider, Tarantula, etc. I didn't want to get too close.

Pjk

Very impressed with the quality of pictures that are appearing in the Free Association thread at the moment. They seem to be far more "considered". Also I share the pleasure in seeing new folk posting, it's widening the scope.

Nice work folks.

Back