Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

RandallIsland
    It's rare that we get to see Spirit's work.
    I wonder where was the photo taken?

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torags View Post
    guarded entry

I've got to get me some guards like this!!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Thats what my bride told me... I told her I looked like that when we were young.. She didn't buy it... I'll try her again in a few years as her memory fails....

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I've got to get me some guards like this!!
    Here you go, Gail. At the Methuen Music Hall, not far from you.

Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

A comment on the posting in #1234.

While the photos can speak for themselves, many times the associations can't. As you can read in this thread. In addition some posters are curious about where the place is in the pic.

If the association is strained I label it. If it is of an architectural/natural unrecognized wonder, I label it.

Exclusion of text entirely perhaps does not serve the viewer/poster. With that in mind I suggest allowing labels for the benefit of the viewers.

My .02.

A comment on the posting in #1234.

While the photos can speak for themselves, many times the associations can't. As you can read in this thread. In addition some posters are curious about where the place is in the pic.

If the association is strained I label it. If it is of an architectural/natural unrecognized wonder, I label it.

Exclusion of text entirely perhaps does not serve the viewer/poster. With that in mind I suggest allowing labels for the benefit of the viewers.

My .02.
    I suggest that's what this thread is for.
    How do you know a location isn't recognised, unless someone expresses it here anyway?

Treat the image association with any degree of thought and then it becomes more worthwhile. Just showing a tree because the pic before was atree isn't an association, it's a duplication. Likewise adding a picture with the only association being that yours is a picture too will be pointless.

It's associations...thought provoking and not always immediately obvious is part of it.

Keep the labels where they belong, on the inside of clothes. And keep the explanations of your cunning genius to this thread. I suggest.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    It's associations...thought provoking and not always immediately obvious is part of it.
    I share this opinion. If the association is so tenuous that it needs an explanation, it's not an association. That's part of the "game," if you will. It's a bit like having to explain a joke. If you have to explain it, it ain't funny.

Having a commentary thread gives us ample time and space to comment, question, explain, etc.

The thread is yours, however, and you must do what you must do. I sure do enjoy it and am amazed at its popularity.

Have you ever clicked on the number of respondents? It lists them in order of frequency of response. That's pretty interesting, too.

What fun!

My compliments to 7557##, for having an image on Free Association that Torag didn't add to, for as we stand, at least a 1/2 day.

I hope Torags isn't ill or something, as in a world of uncertainty, Torag replying with an image of his own, within a fraction of a moment, was one of the constants I found stabilised society. Four Torag images equalled a hard boiled egg, three kept the yolk runny...

Awww... you're sweet...

I day trade a lot, so I'm at my screen

I knew I could rely on you to come up with the goods.

Tell me, have any of your pics been duplicated yet, to meet the criteria of the association with the prior picture?

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    I knew I could rely on you to come up with the goods.

Tell me, have any of your pics been duplicated yet, to meet the criteria of the association with the prior picture?
    I don't think the images have been duplicated, If you find any let me know I'll change them.

I don't think the images have been duplicated, If you find any let me know I'll change them.
    It wasn't an accusation, I just wondered if you'd knowingly used a picture to comply with the association for more than one association, for example a tower, for a building tower and a tower for a sandstone stack?
    I hadn't noticed an occurance, but I have sensed that the themes seem to be following a pattern, hence the preponderance of animals, water, mountains, buildings, bikes, people. Whilst the direction may change, we do seem to cycle through these themes. I suppose it's because they are what most of us take pictures of.

Additionally, when you're on a trip in a different culture, it seems the architecture (for example) has the same flavor. You take a bunch of images sort though them and notice patterns ( at least I do)

There were a bunch of shots, from someones Chinese trip and I really enjoyed them, since I've never been there. I take what I can from the game.... hopefully I give value for value received.

Additionally, when you're on a trip in a different culture, it seems the architecture (for example) has the same flavor. You take a bunch of images sort though them and notice patterns ( at least I do)

There were a bunch of shots, from someones Chinese trip and I really enjoyed them, since I've never been there. I take what I can from the game.... hopefully I give value for value received.

I'm sure that even were you to, for one instance, lack value (whatever that may mean in this context), the volume would compensate, as you are somewhat prolific!
    And long may that continue...

Nickname: Droid
    This was one of my favorite simple pictures I took years ago at the Falling Leaf rally. I just liked the composition and quickly snapped it (before the days of digital). Then I messed around with it in some old photo composition program from ten years ago. Kinda artsy!
    Attached Images Attached Images