• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

I knew I could rely on you to come up with the goods.

Tell me, have any of your pics been duplicated yet, to meet the criteria of the association with the prior picture?

I don't think the images have been duplicated, If you find any let me know I'll change them.

I don't think the images have been duplicated, If you find any let me know I'll change them.
It wasn't an accusation, I just wondered if you'd knowingly used a picture to comply with the association for more than one association, for example a tower, for a building tower and a tower for a sandstone stack?
I hadn't noticed an occurance, but I have sensed that the themes seem to be following a pattern, hence the preponderance of animals, water, mountains, buildings, bikes, people. Whilst the direction may change, we do seem to cycle through these themes. I suppose it's because they are what most of us take pictures of.

Additionally, when you're on a trip in a different culture, it seems the architecture (for example) has the same flavor. You take a bunch of images sort though them and notice patterns ( at least I do)

There were a bunch of shots, from someones Chinese trip and I really enjoyed them, since I've never been there. I take what I can from the game.... hopefully I give value for value received.

Additionally, when you're on a trip in a different culture, it seems the architecture (for example) has the same flavor. You take a bunch of images sort though them and notice patterns ( at least I do)

There were a bunch of shots, from someones Chinese trip and I really enjoyed them, since I've never been there. I take what I can from the game.... hopefully I give value for value received.

I'm sure that even were you to, for one instance, lack value (whatever that may mean in this context), the volume would compensate, as you are somewhat prolific!
And long may that continue...

This was one of my favorite simple pictures I took years ago at the Falling Leaf rally. I just liked the composition and quickly snapped it (before the days of digital). Then I messed around with it in some old photo composition program from ten years ago. Kinda artsy!

Attachments

• IMAGE04A.jpg
    IMAGE04A.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 90
Here's my first photo of my 94 R1100RS, taken on Nov 1st, 94, one day after picking it up the night before, and just the day after I got laid off my job of 15 years! More riding time, even if it was November in Wisconsin!

Still riding the same great bike today, now at 128,000 miles.

Attachments

• IMAGE01.jpg
    IMAGE01.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 119
Andy,

That's a cool shot and a great story for the bike.

Hope to see some of your posts in the Photo Association Thread.

Andy... I admire your taste in motorcycles.

That choice exhibits a blend of intelligence and savoir faire rarely seen...

:clap

So how did it go from tight-rope walkers to an old Citroen? What am I missing? not that I mind, just curious if someone sees the connection? Those Citroen's were kool cars by the by I rode in one often back in Europe in the 50's.

RM

The connection was obvious to me!!!!
242146263_eBvi9-M.jpg

citron2rg1.jpg

I knew if I stayed up long enough, I'd finally get a picture up that would last through the night without Torag replacing it. It's 7.22 am and he's already moved in. Perhaps this thread should be a contest?

I knew if I stayed up long enough, I'd finally get a picture up that would last through the night without Torag replacing it. It's 7.22 am and he's already moved in. Perhaps this thread should be a contest?

Maybe someday it won't be a dupliate...:nyah

Hmmm.... my day starts at 6:15.

It's only a game and Lamble had me Buffaloed with the yellow unidentifiable sphere.

If you see any duplicate images please let me know. They may be images in the same city/place but different (unless I screwed up & I would like to know if I did)

Hey I like to take pictures. I've gone fifty miles at 3am in the rain to get a sunrise at the north rim that didn't happen.

I've gone 4 times to get a moonrise over San Francisco at the Golden Gate Bridge & last month I had the opportunity but the wind was so high I had camera shake on my tripod. All the shots sucked, better luck next time I hope.

Hmmm... I'm noticing a little displeasure. Are the shots enjoyable or not.

With so many pics being posted, but the themes cycling, I guess there might be an element where the familiarity of topic could cause folk to think a duplicate was posted...but if you shot 20 pics of the same thing, then that's 20 different shots, not one picture replicated 20 times.

As with all shots, some are more "enjoyable" than others, that's irrespective of the shooter.

I'm just amazed at your tenacity Torag.

The yellow orb is a sculpture, as were the bronzes that I followed. All I did was fire a torchlight down it and get in close.

Back