• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Viewed the first 175 Pages

What a great idea for a thread. I have enjoyed this thread for about a week and would check in from work or home to see where it is going. I do have one observation though. There are so many repeats.

People, add new, fresh stuff and quite digging up the old photos that have been running for years. We have enjoyed seeing the world through your lenses but it's getting predictable.

What a great idea for a thread. I have enjoyed this thread for about a week and would check in from work or home to see where it is going. I do have one observation though. There are so many repeats.

People, add new, fresh stuff and quite digging up the old photos that have been running for years. We have enjoyed seeing the world through your lenses but it's getting predictable.

Come on and show everyone some of your shots, the more the merrier.

Yeah. Cough 'em up spunky...

While not a photographer, I have had a lot of fun with this and attempt not to repeat. Is there a way on the forum to search for all posts by a member and thereby identify any "duplicates"?

Fun stuff but I agree "fresh blood" would be welcome to avoid any concern that the posts might become predictable. Part of the fun is innovative linkage that sometimes requires a bit of thought to understand what the current poster is thinking about the relationship top the last picture. Some are obvious, some are mundane, some are intriguing if not quite brilliant and a few are real head scratchers.

While not a photographer, I have had a lot of fun with this and attempt not to repeat. Is there a way on the forum to search for all posts by a member and thereby identify any "duplicates"?

Fun stuff but I agree "fresh blood" would be welcome to avoid any concern that the posts might become predictable. Part of the fun is innovative linkage that sometimes requires a bit of thought to understand what the current poster is thinking about the relationship top the last picture. Some are obvious, some are mundane, some are intriguing if not quite brilliant and a few are real head scratchers.

I'm sure the duplicates can be identified and I admit some guilt in that area, or one can just go with the flow and enjoy the thread for what it is. I assume this was for fun and not a contest to be judged for originality, depth of thought, artistic content or execution...right? It's probably cabin fever and not enough riding due to the winter weather!

Glad I did not ruffel too many feathers. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I would love to add to the thread. Being ex-military, lived in Japan and China, been to all but two continents and into my sixth decade, I have plenty of photos.

I am looking forward to posting a great shot of my friend Joe Alley (Ausse) and me at a road side sex temple in Japan in around 1972. I don't remember if our Honda's are in that shot. He was on a CL-125 and I was on my CB-350. I eventually shipped it back to the states and rode it here for several years. Way too small for the highways here in Pa.

Is there a way on the forum to search for all posts by a member and thereby identify any "duplicates"?

If you click on the number of replies to any thread, a "Who Posted" dialog box opens. All of the posters to the thread, as well as the number of posts they have made, will be shown. I have 265 posts in the association thread.

i-sJ7sXKQ.jpg

Glad I did not ruffel too many feathers. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I would love to add to the thread. Being ex-military, lived in Japan and China, been to all but two continents and into my sixth decade, I have plenty of photos.

I am looking forward to posting a great shot of my friend Joe Alley (Ausse) and me at a road side sex temple in Japan in around 1972. I don't remember if our Honda's are in that shot. He was on a CL-125 and I was on my CB-350. I eventually shipped it back to the states and rode it here for several years. Way too small for the highways here in Pa.

We're looking forward to your contributions...welcome to the insanity!

GSteve: I love your wildlife photos. :bow Where did you take your photo safari(s)? We have made a couple of Africa trips but never a photo safari. Do you think they have such a thing for guys that only use an IPhone to snap pictures?

I'm involved in ranching. The old Ram photo I posted just before your post #96464 was taken a couple of years ago. Every Fall we test the Rams for fertility since we don't want to feed them all winter if they ain't gonna give us no baby lambs in the Spring. You don't want to know how it is done.

GSteve: I love your wildlife photos. :bow Where did you take your photo safari(s)? We have made a couple of Africa trips but never a photo safari. Do you think they have such a thing for guys that only use an IPhone to snap pictures?

I'm involved in ranching. The old Ram photo I posted just before your post #96464 was taken a couple of years ago. Every Fall we test the Rams for fertility since we don't want to feed them all winter if they ain't gonna give us no baby lambs in the Spring. You don't want to know how it is done.

The wife and I took our dream photo safari trip to South Africa and Botswana. It was everything we had dreamed it would be. There were several occasions where you could have captured some decent images with an iPhone, say 15 feet from a resting leopard, or 20 feet from Cape buffalo.

As to fertility certification, you're correct, it's something that is better left unstated. The knowledge could keep tend to keep me up at night worrying!

rdalland, #9766 is till one of all time favorites. If I could change two things about the shot, one would be that I had taken it and two, the airhead was mine. :clap

rdalland, #9766 is till one of all time favorites. If I could change two things about the shot, one would be that I had taken it and two, the airhead was mine. :clap

Thanks Steve! Coming from you that means a lot. The Slash 5 and I go way back. Personally, I like the road...

Cheers!

Reid

GSteve,
I've marvled at many of your pictures, and wondered how you have come to travel to so many different parts of the world.
Would the navy have had anything to do with it? (seeing your latest posts obviously taken from onboard)

Ken

GSteve,
I've marvled at many of your pictures, and wondered how you have come to travel to so many different parts of the world.
Would the navy have had anything to do with it? (seeing your latest posts obviously taken from onboard)

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for your interest in my photos. The photo I believe you are referring to was taken from the viewing platform at the Miraflores locks at the Panama Canal. The submarine is from the Peruvian navy. Yep, Peru has a sub, probably purchased from, or given to them, by the USA.

No navy for me, however, I did spend two enlistments in the USAF in the sixties and early seventies. After the Air Force I spent over thirty years in law enforcement. As time & money have permitted the wife and travel as much as possible, sometimes by motorcycle, sometimes by other means. Needless to say, we enjoy seeing as much of the the world as we can afford.

Regards,
Steve

Back