• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Unless the hump on Quassimodo's back was his stash of marshmallows I'm stumped on the association between Notre Dame and a camp fire.

Anyone?

Quassimodo, retires so the job is advertised. A real ugly guy turns up, but has no arms.

How will you pull the rope?
I'll use my teeth.

With no better candidates he's taken on.

Day one he grasps the rope with his teeth and pulls. The bell swings. Just at that unfortunate moment he developes lock jaw and can't release the bell rope.
The rope and bells collide and the bell smashes the novice campanologist from the top tower and he plummets to his death in the square below.

Where'd he come from? Dunno?
Who is he?

Dunno, but the face rings a bell.

Ta daaa!

I'll get my coat!

#86, 87,88, 89 All have the horse theme, but maybe to the horse lover, the replicas are so accurately proportional to the real thing they are beauty. Several of the pictures both real and sculpted, are drawn together by the positioning of the horse's heads, showing off the beauty and power of the horses upper profile. WOW! I love Dean's shot of the little boy , fence and his horse, showing the innocence and dedication put forth by that kid, and sort of explains us adults with love affairs with the equine!

Maybe it's just me, but each captured the very essence of the equine, and explained the connection with the BMW (The sculpted horse and the RT? shot) motorcycle.

The cow? Hmmm somebody going to have to explain that one to me! as Desi Arnez says "Lucy! You got some 'splainin to do!!!

Wow! This is fun!

The transition Mr. Lamble! What I need "splained" is the transition between the noble art of the equine to an inaccurate, bloated characterization of the bovine.

What is the explanation in the transition? The four legs?:D

Let's get this rollin' again.

158148486-L.jpg

Ha Ha! Kbasa I think you're confused, this is the commentary thread, the pics go in the other thread!

much simpler, it's a group of people in the statue and a group of people eating...group of people is the link.
Ok, I get that but what about the next one 92, what's the relationship to the crab eaters and the bird hanger?:scratch :D

RM

Ok, I get that but what about the next one 92, what's the relationship to the crab eaters and the bird hanger?:scratch :D

RM

There's a couple of possibilites. The fact one woman is the centre of the crab pic and there's one woman in the bird pic.
The dried fish hanging is fish food for the bird, as the crab was fish food for the people.

The transition Mr. Lamble! What I need "splained" is the transition between the noble art of the equine to an inaccurate, bloated characterization of the bovine.

What is the explanation in the transition? The four legs?:D

Must be that both are eaten by the French then!

Ha Ha, too funny,, when I just now checked the photo thread I saw the shot by Voni #111 of the church tower but by the time I found what I wanted to post three others had posted, but oddly enough the one I was posting (of the smoke stacks with the fake palm fonds on them from my trip to cabo where I saw quite of few like that) fit in even better since the one right before it is now a picture of palm trees! Too kool.. I think this is the best photo thread to date. I wonder how long we can keep this one going, maybe even longer than the famous "nothing" thread started by Rapid_Roy....???

Some really great shots and every one seems to be having a really great time..:D :clap :clap

RM

Cow? Someone needs Anatomy class

Actually it's a Herford Bull, you had horse statues, now a Bull Statue. Probably would have been better before the last horse picture. But I thought horses and bulls (cattle) were linked at least in rodeso and the old west. What do I know? It seemed to work for me.

:dunno
Actually it's a Herford Bull, you had horse statues, now a Bull Statue. Probably would have been better before the last horse picture. But I thought horses and bulls (cattle) were linked at least in rodeso and the old west. What do I know? It seemed to work for me.

Herford or Hereford?

Either way, walking French lunch, along with Cheval au poivre.
No difficulty with that link MLS2GO as far as I was concerned either.:dunno

The photos may have been taken at any time, but they must by your photo taken by you..... movie set???:scratch

You know, I'm really sorry y'all, for I did not mean to be duplicitous.
It didn't occur to me, before I posted, about the rules. I just went with my first thought.
The following picture was taken in Beijing, in the 758 art gallery area, although I didn't catch the name of the artist.

_xy-1332981_1

There was a whole lot of other art there, besides pictures, and I would recommend that any of you on your next trip East take an entire day of exploring that district:

_xy-1332986_1

_xy-1332984_1

Sometimes it's like that ... you know?

Everybody happy with the Seattle Needle to a toilet seat link?

You are a knowlegable lot.

I just figured it was something along the lines of..

one thing you could sit on comfortably and another you wouldn't find quite so!:laugh

RM

I see! Makes sense to me! I'm udderly ok with MLS2GO's transition from horse to bull, (thats done everyday on this forum)!

And that sculptor was definitely carving a bull! Lets Moove on before Kbasa tells us to again!

Last edited:
just checked the photo thread and all I can say is....

what a load of bull!:laugh

RM

...another attraction in Seattle is the Boeing Museum of Flight. This shot is the Presidential Toilet in Air Force One as used by JFK and Jackie O, and some others of that era. You could call it a seat of Power!

Back