Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    I couldn't make that leap in logic either. Perhaps communion wine?
    I saw the grid in the windows of the church matched the grid in the wine rack.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Burnszilla View Post
    I saw the grid in the windows of the church matched the grid in the wine rack.
    Good spot!

rocketman
    Hmmm...... I'm not seeing the connection between #90-91 and 92.

Anyone?

just curious....

RM

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Hmmm...... I'm not seeing the connection between #90-91 and 92.

Anyone?

just curious....

RM
    I wonder if 91 - the crab was in response to the Bull, in some sort of edible animal theme?

RM - I thought the arm coming out of the earth was a tough one! Nothing came to mind cause I had no pictures of the Pearly Gates!
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

much simpler, it's a group of people in the statue and a group of people eating...group of people is the link.

Unless the hump on Quassimodo's back was his stash of marshmallows I'm stumped on the association between Notre Dame and a camp fire.

Anyone?

Quassimodo, retires so the job is advertised. A real ugly guy turns up, but has no arms.

How will you pull the rope?
    I'll use my teeth.

With no better candidates he's taken on.

Day one he grasps the rope with his teeth and pulls. The bell swings. Just at that unfortunate moment he developes lock jaw and can't release the bell rope.
    The rope and bells collide and the bell smashes the novice campanologist from the top tower and he plummets to his death in the square below.

Where'd he come from? Dunno?
    Who is he?

Dunno, but the face rings a bell.

Ta daaa!

I'll get my coat!

#86, 87,88, 89 All have the horse theme, but maybe to the horse lover, the replicas are so accurately proportional to the real thing they are beauty. Several of the pictures both real and sculpted, are drawn together by the positioning of the horse's heads, showing off the beauty and power of the horses upper profile. WOW! I love Dean's shot of the little boy , fence and his horse, showing the innocence and dedication put forth by that kid, and sort of explains us adults with love affairs with the equine!

Maybe it's just me, but each captured the very essence of the equine, and explained the connection with the BMW (The sculpted horse and the RT? shot) motorcycle.

The cow? Hmmm somebody going to have to explain that one to me! as Desi Arnez says "Lucy! You got some 'splainin to do!!!

Wow! This is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post

The cow? Hmmm somebody going to have to explain that one to me! as Desi Arnez says "Lucy! You got some 'splainin to do!!!

Wow! This is fun!
    Domesticated animal, with four legs. Both eaten by the French?

The transition Mr. Lamble! What I need "splained" is the transition between the noble art of the equine to an inaccurate, bloated characterization of the bovine.

What is the explanation in the transition? The four legs?

Let's get this rollin' again.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

rocketman
    Ha Ha! Kbasa I think you're confused, this is the commentary thread, the pics go in the other thread!

rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    much simpler, it's a group of people in the statue and a group of people eating...group of people is the link.
    Ok, I get that but what about the next one 92, what's the relationship to the crab eaters and the bird hanger?

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Ok, I get that but what about the next one 92, what's the relationship to the crab eaters and the bird hanger?

RM

There's a couple of possibilites. The fact one woman is the centre of the crab pic and there's one woman in the bird pic.
    The dried fish hanging is fish food for the bird, as the crab was fish food for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    The transition Mr. Lamble! What I need "splained" is the transition between the noble art of the equine to an inaccurate, bloated characterization of the bovine.

What is the explanation in the transition? The four legs?
    Must be that both are eaten by the French then!

rocketman
    Ha Ha, too funny,, when I just now checked the photo thread I saw the shot by Voni #111 of the church tower but by the time I found what I wanted to post three others had posted, but oddly enough the one I was posting (of the smoke stacks with the fake palm fonds on them from my trip to cabo where I saw quite of few like that) fit in even better since the one right before it is now a picture of palm trees! Too kool.. I think this is the best photo thread to date. I wonder how long we can keep this one going, maybe even longer than the famous "nothing" thread started by Rapid_Roy....???

Some really great shots and every one seems to be having a really great time..

RM