• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beer Garden Selections?

In West Bend the Beer Garden carried freshly brewed blond Root Beer along with wine and wine coolers for sale. The water was in the water-jugs on the table tops for free.

Most times the beer garden sells soda also, but the Coke prices were prohibitive for us in 2007. We opted to avoid the ridiculous pricing for the soda sales last summer by letting the food vendors handle all soda sales. Most food vendors sold the soda for $2 / bottle. And trust me on this ... at $2, those vendors were NOT making any money on that soda.

Sue Rihn-Manke
Chairman 2000, 2005, & 2007 International Rallies

Sue,

I preface this remark by saying I loved the root beer at West Bend, and drank quite a few in three days. But sometimes sweet soda pop does not even come close to quenching your thirst or cleaning one's palette!:drink

Especially if your over the age of 13 or so. My suggestion for the Rally organizers is consider brewing fresh ice tea, served side to side with the beer. Having can beer or other canned stuff, I am sure is a budget buster! Don't tmake us NA guys go over to the old men tent and drink coffee!:drink ;)

red

Beer Garden

I came across this on the New Belgium website. They are really into bicycles but thought I would toss this out there for the sponsorship committee. The BMW Foundation's Camp Gears might be a good starting point.

New Belgium's Sponsorship Program <<SNIP>>

Beer Garden

I came across this on the New Belgium website. They are really into bicycles but thought I would toss this out there for the sponsorship committee. The BMW Foundation's Camp Gears might be a good starting point.

New Belgium's Sponsorship Program <<SNIP>>

Is it just me or does anybody else think it might just be a BAD IDEA to have a beer company sponsor Camp Gears, an educational program for new/young riders some of whom probably aren't even of legal drinking age.

Searching the Internet for answers/information isn't always a good idea. :type

Friedle :dunno

Will I be able to get Bud in can or bottle?:drink

If the past is any guide, the answer is yes. The last several rallys have had Bud and Miller products in cans for us regular blue collar types, along with some "local" brews on tap tor the "more discerning" (I did not say, effete) among us.

John

New Belgium's Sponsorship Program <>

Is it just me or does anybody else think it might just be a BAD IDEA to have a beer company sponsor Camp Gears, an educational program for new/young riders some of whom probably aren't even of legal drinking age.

Searching the Internet for answers/information isn't always a good idea.

I was not advocating the New Belgium sponsoring Camp Gears but the international rally itself and the money from the sponsorship of the rally could be donated to Camp Gears which is a non-profit and teaches safe riding for younger members.

As your Jan 08 ON article pointed out, targeted public information and education programs are a good way to begin reducing number of impaired riding accidents. Some beer companies sponsor education programs such as Anheuser-Busch's "Responsibility Matters" campaign. Why shouldn't beer companines support these types of educational efforts which should include the impact of impaired riding.

German Beer

It would only be fitting if our vender served at least one German beer. Since our BMWs are made in Germany it would make sense. Rumor has it that they will actually run on a good German beer. Anyone out there tried it?

Personally I am trying to locate a pair of Leiderhosen to wear at the rally.

A good Polka Band would also add some international flavor.

How about an Octoberfest in the fall for Beemer Riders?

Here I go thinking outside the "bun" again. Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying the rally. CHEERS:drink

Ideally, the beer garden committee would not screw around, and simply stock Summit Pale Ale. It's a Saint Paul brew that compares favorably with microbrews from Colorado and elsewhere. Saint Paul is not too far from Gilette, so Summit would be entirely appropriate.

Selections

It would only be fitting if our vender served at least one German beer. Since our BMWs are made in Germany it would make sense. Rumor has it that they will actually run on a good German beer. Anyone out there tried it?

Personally I am trying to locate a pair of Leiderhosen to wear at the rally.

A good Polka Band would also add some international flavor.

How about an Octoberfest in the fall for Beemer Riders?

Here I go thinking outside the "bun" again. Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying the rally. CHEERS:drink

That's SSSOOOOOOO last year! :dunno

Forget the Lederhosen, bring a tie-dyed cowboy hat.

Friedle

Local Brews should be featured for certain....

Been watching the thread... a lot of good input. Since we will be partying/riding in the western states (WY is considered the "west"); here's my pitch for malt beverages:

1 New Belgian Brewing. It's been mentioned in this thread. Unique beers...their most popular being Fat Tire.
2. Coors. Brewed in CO. Supports a lot of WY farmers. Much of there barley is grown in WY. My suggestion is Coors and Killian's Red
3. Bud. Also brewed in CO. My suggestion is Bud Lt and O'Doul's (their NA beer).
4. For foreign suds. Heineken, Tecate....soooo many to chose from. I'd say limit to 2-3.

Now I'm thirsty....see ya.

That's SSSOOOOOOO last year! :dunno

Forget the Lederhosen, bring a tie-dyed cowboy hat.

Friedle

Entertainment in the beer tent?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Y7u_NXTQGc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Y7u_NXTQGc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Beer

If anyone rides through Ashland Wis.on their way to Gillette,:brow stop at the South Shore Brewery and try the Nut Brown Ale. I was not a dark beer guy until I tried this beer and now I'm hooked. This beer is not real dark and if I could load up the Old Gal (my Airhead of course) I would bring some out to Wyoming.:brow

Beer Here

For those traveling thru Colorado to the rally and looking for a couple of good beers, thought this article would be of interest in today's Gazette.

"The Front Range is the Napa Valley of brews. The state produces more beer per capita than any other, and some of the finest. Colorado Springs alone has more than three dozen varieties. Many of them have won blue ribbons."

http://www.gazette.com/articles/beer_34275___article.html/_.html

Malt Madness: http://www2.gazette.com/interactives/maltmadness/

:bar

Thought I would revive this thread since we are 21 days out. Has the beer meister and committee made the final selections for the saloon?

:bar

If you're starting your ride early, you can hit Colorado's Brewfest, this weekend, June 28-29, in Fort Collins, Colorado.

promo-brewfest.gif

downtown fort collins.com

Great beer, food, music and fun. This year's festival, the 19th Annual Colorado Brewers' Festival in Downtown Fort Collins will take place June 28 & 29, 2008. Over 50 Colorado beers and 400 kegs will be enjoyed along with great live music Saturday and Sunday in Historic Downtown! (The festival hours will be from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.)

The Colorado Brewers' Fest is made up solely of Colorado Breweries, including host breweries from Fort Collins: Anheuser-Busch, Big Horn Brewery/CB & Potts, Coopersmith's Pub & Brewing, New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins Brewery, and Odell's Brewing

Enjoy :german

--Doug

Back