Thread: Beer Garden Selections?

Hybrid View

Beer Garden Selections?

I was sitting here thinking about the great beer at last years rally- Leinekugel's, aka the Pride of Chippewa Falls. That got me to thinking about what local brews will be available in the Beer Garden this year. Can the Beer Meister give us an update?

I also came across this article in the Rocky Mountain News from Dec 07. Looks like hotel rates aren't the only thing that will be going up......

Proposal would triple Wyoming's beer tax
    Here's a tax increase sure to make people cry in their beer.

That's right: Lawmakers are considering a tax increase on beer, and proponents say the mental health and substance abuse treatment that would benefit are good causes.

Wyoming taxes beer at 2 cents per gallon. A draft bill before the Select Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse would raise that to 6.5 cents per gallon.

By volume, the tax on beer is low. Wine is taxed at 28 cents per gallon. The tax on hard alcohol is 24 cents per gallon.

But Wyomingites drink enough beer that the increase would raise an additional $607,500 a year, based on the $270,000 raised by the 2-cent tax each year.

Thrilled for today!
    speaking of beverages...what is the situation for those of us that may not be able to drink wheat/barley/rye beverages? I cannot eat/drink/inhale gluten and wondering if other beverages are available or if I can bring a flask for my own personal use?

HODAG
    theres a few gluten free beers out there...

for me
    i hope fat tire

We are still taste testing. A tedious process.

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    So how high is bottled water ?

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post

As far as price goes, prices are set by the distributors each quarter.

Last year we had a thermos of ice water and cups available for free water, still bottle water out sold any of the beer brands.

We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    We all appreciate your attention to detail. Does the team need any subs or assistants/assistance?
    ha!

I mentioned it another thread, but it bears repeating here - I really appreciate the fact that regional beers are available at the beer tent. We are so fortunate that the rally organizers make an effort to make each rally a unique experience which embraces the locale. Bravo!

oh and MplsK100RT, I can't speak officially, but rally attendees have always been free to bring in their own food and beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post
    hey santa... just so you know, i am partial to budweiser, myself...

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

beemergrl
    Very amusing that last year we went to Colorado and didn't venture north past Denver to visit any Breweries. We did however, go to a local beer store and buy several Colorado Beers and brought them home to Texas. Never thought anything else about it, just stuck them in the pantry. Well, guess what...in the pantry sat the 4 beers from O'Dells that will be at the rally. Guess what my husband will be sampling tomorrow????