• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Why do you like to post bike pictures?

sheridesabeemer

I Used to Be Someone
When I got my MC endorsement, almost 10 years ago now, I didn't think very much about where I'd be going on a motorcycle. I'd been on the back of a bike off and on (figuratively speaking) for 15 years. A ride meant going two towns over for dinner, or maybe an ice cream. For a long trip maybe we'd go around the Lake. A long trip was about a half day.

Shortly after I was licensed, I met this guy who had this picture on his computer screen background. It was a picture of his bike stopped on a road out west - Montana or Wyoming I think. I was completely enthralled by not only the picture but the prospect that someone could undertake such a trip, on a motorcycle. At the time I didn't dream that I could be that person, but I never forgot that image.

Here on this site, those pictures are sort of ho hum. We out do each other with the cool places we've been and places we've seen, on our bikes. But whether I post here or on my blog, or on another riding forum, I do it to inspire someone else. The lurker who didn't even imagine where s/he could go on a bike.

And thank you for all of you who continue to inspire me to go places and take better pictures to remember those places by!

9/18/99 The earliest picture of me on my first bike.
2233953654_65c39491f8_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like to post bike pictures to share my adventures. It allows me to combine my two life-long hobbies. I've taken some great trips, and I enjoy looking at these pictures over and over and over. . . .

72312292-L.jpg

64483503-L.jpg

23541889-L.jpg

175108286-L.jpg

27494000-L.jpg

94591323-L.jpg

214335925-L.jpg

214234768-XL.jpg

As I usually ride alone, I frequently forget to include my bike in the pictures I take. Likewise, I never include myself in shots, unless obscured in someway, it's just a habit that's become a rule.

212689219-L.jpg

A passing stranger took this, hence the poor framing.

The Memories!

The trip was fall 88 and it was warm. It is now cold and 20 years have passed. This pic brings back a very happy memory.

Attachments

• BMW17sm.jpg
    BMW17sm.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 321
Gail I couldn't help myself...

Not exactly ATTGATT.... Went down in Belgium later on that trip... got scraped up pretty good

1971 London & Marbella, Spain

74835641-M.jpg

When I got my MC endorsement, almost 10 years ago now, I didn't think very much about where I'd be going on a motorcycle. I'd been on the back of a bike off and on (figuratively speaking) for 15 years. A ride meant going two towns over for dinner, or maybe an ice cream. For a long trip maybe we'd go around the Lake. A long trip was about a half day.

Shortly after I was licensed, I met this guy who had this picture on his computer screen background. It was a picture of his bike stopped on a road out west - Montana or Wyoming I think. I was completely enthralled by not only the picture but the prospect that someone could undertake such a trip, on a motorcycle. At the time I didn't dream that I could be that person, but I never forgot that image.

Here on this site, those pictures are sort of ho hum. We out do each other with the cool places we've been and places we've seen, on our bikes. But whether I post here or on my blog, or on another riding forum, I do it to inspire someone else. The lurker who didn't even imagine where s/he could go on a bike.

And thank you for all of you who continue to inspire me to go places and take better pictures to remember those places by!

9/18/99 The earliest picture of me on my first bike.
2233953654_65c39491f8_o.jpg

Mighty fine bike, there.

As I usually ride alone, I frequently forget to include my bike in the pictures I take. Likewise, I never include myself in shots, unless obscured in someway, it's just a habit that's become a rule.

212689219-L.jpg

A passing stranger took this, hence the poor framing.

Exhausted, drawn and quartered?

A little more nostalgia and hopefully some inspiration to tour Europe, which is perfect bike tour country.

The first triumph is a couple we met in Europe, we traveled together to see the Gran Prix in Monaco.

1970: my Triumph is the second one picked up in London, 4000 miles later I blew that engine in southern France.

Me and my bride off the cliffs of Monaco. We will celebrate our 49th anniversary in March. I had somewhat more hair then (well a lot more)

74833769-M.jpg

This is 2004 Bikeweek Daytona, my bride is still a fox

74964041-M.jpg

We don't tour together nowadays but oh the memories of the roads......

I like to share my pictures much like everyone else I guess, to inspire others and to show where I've been. I find that others rider's pictures inspire me to make more motorcycle trips. The picture below was taken on the way up to the top of MT. Washington, June 2006. That trip was so great, it left me wanting to go back.

Attachments

• mt. washington 1.jpg
    mt. washington 1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Why do I take pictures on the trip?
Because if I don't somebody named SRAB always posts: "This thread is worthless without pictures."

(did I win the prize?)

Because they make me realize how good I have it.

1990 or so. Me and Tina heading across NY state to Cooperstown, then Niagara Falls.

219459338-L-1.jpg

My memory sucks and my hard drive might crash.

Attachments

• Picture Files 048 (Small).jpg
    Picture Files 048 (Small).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 246
With life as hectic as it is, it seems my whole world revolves around work, work, work. Family is important too. Work is what I do. Family is my foundation.
My bike is WHO I AM. On the road, my R1200C and I become one.

Inspiration to buy my BMW in the first place, and beautiful places to ride all come from folks like you. I hope to pass that torch on to others sitting on the fence, watching life go by.

Here on this site, those pictures are sort of ho hum.

The only pictures that I find ho-hum are those taken in someone's driveway or in a dough-nut shop parking lot; you know...a pic I would normally see in a sales brochure.

We out do each other with the cool places we've been and places we've seen, on our bikes.

Now those I like as long as they include interesting scenery that shows what the area is like. Whether anyone is trying to out-do anyone :dunno...something I've never considered considering how lousy my pics are.

But it is those pic and video presentations at club meetings and on forums that do inject the craving to see whats at the far end of the horizon and beyond.

Back