Thread: Windshields for the R1100RT

Windshields for the R1100RT

Hey! Does anyone know if BMW provides taller and wider windshileds for the R1100RT? I have the original factory windshield on a 1999. The windshield definitely provides protection from the wind, however, when I test rode the R1200RT, the windshield on it appeared to be a bit larger. Is it me or do they come larger? If so, is there a website I could go to? Thanks...Ziphyr

There are a number of after market windshields available for the RT. I favor the Cee Bailey #2 Euro cut. It is available in various heights. Other brands are Aeroflow and Parabellum.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT

Thanks Frank! How difficult are they to install? Once again...thanks partner. Ziphyr...Ride safe and Ride often.

Installation is simple. It's basically four bolts. You do need to keep track of washers.

One way of guessing what height you need is to stick a piece of cardboard on the top of your stock shield with tape. Move it up and down until you get the height and lean angle you want. Most people like to look just over the shield. Too tall a shield will require you to lean it back too far and lose the still air pocket around your head.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT

Thanks Frank! Safe riding my friend. Ziphyr