• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding in Nicaragua

Salcar-If you have ridden in Mexico, give me a brief general comparison to Nicaragua and an idea how much to rent your bikes-guided and unguided-I prefer unguided,thanks

I spent approximately a month riding in Mexico. Started in Sonora and rode south to the Yucatan Peninsula and exited in Chiapas at el Cruze del Jaguar.

99221532_YaxEr-M.jpg

Salcar- give me a brief general comparison to Nicaragua

Mexico is a larger country than Nicaragua, has more colonial towns, has unbelievable pyramids, great pave roads and a lot of tourist. I spent a month there but it was not enough. So, I'm going back in March and hopefully many more times in the future!

Nicaragua has a lot of similarities with Mexico. They both speak Spanish, have indigenous people that speak native languages, have great dirt roads and most important have amazing & friendly people.

There are many differences between Mexico and Nicaragua. The main one being that Nicaragua is still a virgin country with regards to tourism. You will rarely see another traveler, you'll visit amazing places that very few people have ever seen and because of it's past is more of an adventure to come here. Also, Nicaragua is considered one of the safest countries in Latin America which makes it a perfect place to visit.

Salcar- give me an idea how much to rent your bikes-guided and unguided-I prefer unguided,thanks
the bike rental is $40/day. i can help you plan an unguided tour but i recommend bringing a riding buddy. Guided tours start at 5 days/$1,900 all inclusive (2 guides, moto, support vehicle, hotels, food, national licor, park fees etc.)

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Best,
S.

Last edited:
Great ride in Central America.
Did you attend the 6th BMW Convention of El Salvador ?

Best Regards.

Hola Ruben!

i couldn't make it to the convention bc i was busy leading an exploratory ride here in Nica. I'll try to attend it next year bc i heard a lot of great things about it!

all the best,
S.

PS Ruben estas tb en motoaventuras.net?

256948499_KY6a5-M.jpg

outside my house/base
256949018_rPUwQ-M.jpg

first ride with support vehicle
256949512_wQwEC-M.jpg

first break... red bull and fuel
256949565_YCzou-M.jpg

ADV Turkish travelling around Latin America of a KTM 950 - Guest of Honor!
256949689_b8Dju-M.jpg

Dusty and happy canadian rider - Craig
256950111_2muhx-M.jpg

water xing
256950492_pMRaX-M.jpg

256950728_WadV6-M.jpg

curious young riders while changing a flat
256951337_WmSut-M.jpg

gas station
256951145_EjEJ6-M.jpg

a place to relax at the end of a riding day
256949034_puZQf-L.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you located? We want to come up and see you. We've explored of 1/2 of Costa Rica via truck, and the bikes arrive next week. Its time to head north!

Where are you located? We want to come up and see you. We've explored of 1/2 of Costa Rica via truck, and the bikes arrive next week. Its time to head north!

I'm currently in Mexico. I'll be back in my house outside of Managua on the 5th of April. Riders driving through have a free place to at my house. Once you get closer to your departure send me an email salcar at hotmail dot com and i'll send you detail directions and GPS coordinates.
all the best,
S.

Back