• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GS Riding in Gillette;

Polarbear

Polarbear
I am buying another GS in a long line of these for me and would like to hear some adventurous folks, mapping some great stuff in the areas of NE/NW Wyoming, for dirt guys and gals! I would love a dirt adventure around Devils Tower, for example:). Others too, yes:). AND, to the rally powers that be? An "English Trials" arena, similar to the 49'er Rally events every year at the National Rally might be cool and I know its cool at the 49'er Rally and the most popular event there:). GS Riders are very perky when the challenge is presented and many are exceptional dirt guys/gals and would participate. The spectators would be in awe indeed, I feel:). Anybody bring this up before? Its been done at the 49'er for a lot of years now and why not at a National event? Its just another Field events, kind of activity and more work, of course for volunteers:). A good dirt/mud, mild hilly area would be required. Hilly could be optional. Mud, dirt are absolutely required:). We can make MUD, Hehehehe. Randy13233. PS; I am one of those dirt guys, go anywhere on a GS rider. I know tons of these guys exist and would probably love to participate, getting their GS's ugly:). After all, even BMW has a school now for the most challenged riders:).Happy Trails, Randy "LETS DO IT"

I have been poring over my Montana and Wyoming deLorme atlases with a view toward the national. There are a couple of places that I have passed by on road trips to somewhere else that I hope to explore while at the rally. However, I don't have any special knowledge of the area, and I am hoping some one will surface who knows the ways. In any case, I will ride something with a big gas tank and knobby tires.

I am plotting two big rides this summer and I hope to make the National as well. There are several ways to find out about trails and I used www.trailsource.com as one of them . They have many trails listed by State. No relations here just a happy customer. I also have Topo maps from Garmin and then Delorme for the papermaps. Have fun plotting!! Just my 0.02 cts

I live and guide in MT and WY - Advise is free !!

I live and guide in Montana and I also know a lot of the backroads in WY and ID. I am a dualsport guy so I have a bias towards the gravel roads.

If you are comming through MT ID or WY, drop me a line. I can put you on some awesome gravel routes that are no problem for a GS.

Mike
www.adventuremotorcyclerental.com

Thanks;

Keep the topic alive and maybe we can have more fun, with knowledge of the areas in Wyoming back country. I think the Great Continental Basin exists in this state, so keep on throw'in dirt! I may well be back on an Adventure Beemer this year, so here we go again:), Randy13233:D

Cody area info

I live in Cody and am a dirt bike/duals sport/ GS rider. We've got miles and miles of dirt roads, trails, gravel roads, etc. The McCollough peaks area is home to fossil shark teeth and a herd of wild horses. Just south of Meetetsee is the 15 mile area which has a miles of gravel roads. North of us is the Sunlight Basin area which follows the Sunlight creek back into the Absaroka mountains and is a favorite KLR road for me (bring a fish pole):D . I've got a spare KDX200 and we could really get serious and run the Morrison Jeep Trail in the Clarks fork canyon or the Gooselake Jeep trail near Cooke City. If I can help with advice or guiding, let me know.

peace, bob

GS Track at Cam-Plex

There is a huge GS track on the Cam-Plex grounds. Stand by for details of when it will be available for rally use.

I live in Cody and am a dirt bike/duals sport/ GS rider. We've got miles and miles of dirt roads, trails, gravel roads, etc. The McCollough peaks area is home to fossil shark teeth and a herd of wild horses. Just south of Meetetsee is the 15 mile area which has a miles of gravel roads. North of us is the Sunlight Basin area which follows the Sunlight creek back into the Absaroka mountains and is a favorite KLR road for me (bring a fish pole):D . I've got a spare KDX200 and we could really get serious and run the Morrison Jeep Trail in the Clarks fork canyon or the Gooselake Jeep trail near Cooke City. If I can help with advice or guiding, let me know.

peace, bob

Wow!

This is just plain mean I mean MEAN Bob!

I mean here I am suffering Minnesota Winter and I won't be able to get this otta my mind!

I want to go ride your booney roads now...can I stay at your house and just ride around Wyoming everyday?

Good post, you are the MAN!

You should put together an article in ON about what you got there (Ian, where are you?)

Write more, write often!

Me too:)

Some of this guide info. is extremely neat and when I get ready to pull out my driveway this July, I will post here again for some of this great stuff as a reminder. I've been riding street only beemers, all through Wyoming in recent years, Montana too and now back on a GSA, which will earn its keep on the dirt byways:). Randy13233:usa

Some of this guide info. is extremely neat and when I get ready to pull out my driveway this July, I will post here again for some of this great stuff as a reminder. I've been riding street only beemers, all through Wyoming in recent years, Montana too and now back on a GSA, which will earn its keep on the dirt byways:). Randy13233:usa

I'll buy a beer for anybody who can ride the Morrison jeep trail up and back on a boxer.

I've done it on the kdx200 so the Boxer will be a piece of cake. What could possibly go wrong?

By the way, we in the know here in Wyoming only drink imported beer. None of that Budweiser crap. It's only Coors for us. It comes from Colorado don't cha know:laugh .

peace, bob

Oh, which GS to ride...

Man you guys, now I have a tough decision to make...Ride the 1150GS or the Dakar?

Back