• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So how do you pronounce Spokane anyway?

W

WesPeterson

so what do the locals call their town?

Does the "kane" in Spokane rhyme with spain or spam? pain or pan? wane or wan? dame or dam? mane or man? lane or... sorry :mona

You say either and I say either
You say neither I say neither
Either either ÔÇÖ neither neither
LetÔÇÖs call the whole thing off
-Cole Porter

"Spo-Can", with the accent on the second syllable. And that's from someone who lives an hour away, just south in the Idaho Panhandle, and considers a trip there a trip to the "big city".

How do you say????

I'm sure there is a proper way to pronounce it like the LOCALS...... but I agree w/ iRene!!!
They're going to think I'm a hick as soon as I open my mouth anyway.

ChasD

Grew up there. Don't worry, Spokane (no matter how you say it) is just an over-grown cow town anyway. The ones who will give you grief are not worth listening to anyway.;)

Now let's talk about how to pronounce Yakima.:bliss

Sigh. O.K., here it is, by request. The Idaho Panhandle town with the University of Idaho in it, about an hour south-southeast of Spokane, is pronounced "Mos-Ko", with the accent on the first syllable. The one in Russia with the big red star is pronounced "Mos-Cow".

Ruskies

Actually, the Moscow with the big red star is pronounced "mok-BVA"

Did you know they eat ice cream there in the winter, and make a fine copy of the 1939 BMW?

Brewbaron,

Lived in Tacoma for many years. See you live in one of the truely butchered city names in Washington. "Puyallup" :bliss

Pronounce

Our corporate offices are in Spocan. And I lived for a few years in the early 80s in Puyallup, South Hill area before all the growth. Out by the county airport. Poo yallup!! Love the northwest. Oh, and if your lookin for Bliss. It's right along I-84 in between Twin Falls and Boysee.

Gene Chapman
K1200LTC

While you're visiting Spo-Can, ride east a few miles to North Idaho, where you can visit Kootenai (Koot-Nee) county, and see beautiful Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-O-Ray). You're on your own with Coeur d'Alene... :bliss

JetDoc said:
While you're visiting Spo-Can, ride east a few miles to North Idaho, where you can visit Kootenai (Koot-Nee) county, and see beautiful Lake Pend Oreille (Pond-O-Ray). You're on your own with Coeur d'Alene... :bliss

That would be 'Cord Da Lane'

Back