• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1995 K75 tires

D

daves

I have to replace the tires on my 1995 K75. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave

It kinda depends on where you ride and how you ride Dave.

Mick

daves said:
I have to replace the tires on my 1995 K75. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave

I like the Pirelli Sport Demons. They have excellent grip in both dry and wet, and they have great road feel. However, they have a slightly shorter life. About 7000 mi rear, and 10,000 mi front. They are also a little more expensive than average.

I do not ride extremely hard, but do a fair bit of sport riding.

Jim:brow

I've tried a bunch on the K75 over a stretch of 100K miles and talked to lots of folks. I think the best over all choice for that bike is the Michelin Macadam 50E front anf 50 rear. They ride soft, handle nimbly, and stick well wet or dry. Most people get close to 10K miles on a set.

k75 tires

It depends on your riding style. but I have been very happy with the Brigstone s[pitfires I've run on my rt for the past 70k miles. Depending on some unknown variables Ive seen 10 to 15k on a set. they do well under most conditions and they're not expensive.

K75 Tires

I have had great service from the Dunlop K491Elite II.
They last up to 25K and make a great touring tire. It
really depends on your riding style. The closest my tires
get to the Chicken Strips is when I turn into Colonel
Sanders. I ride to see something other than the yellow
line down the middle of the road. Mike:brow

Back