• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Favorite Bike Portrait

This isn't of me and the subject isn't MY bike but my bike plays a large part. This mirror shot is my favorite. It's of a buddy on a Yamaha cruiser-style bike and he's where he belongs (BEHIND my BMW) on the ride.

We were riding at Yosemite National Park in 2006, heading toward Glacier Point and enjoying a fabulous day. I'd only had the RT for a couple of weeks and my face hurt from GRINNING so much (do I love my bike?? OH YEAH!!). I looked in the mirror and realized that this was a cool setup. My camera was in my tank bag so I grabbed it out and took this shot.

I have a Throttle Rocker on the throttle control so I was able to use the heel of my hand to control the throttle while taking the picture.

I'd say it fits nicely within the forum, its a shot You took of something related to the experience of motorcycling. And yours or a part of it anyway, is in the shot, so it fits in this thread as well, definitely in its environment!

Now if I could put on my Moderators hat for a second....;)

One thing I would like to suggest to all is that we try to keep the file sizes reasonable, in so far as width is concerned, so that we don't have to scroll left-right in order to view the file and text. Remember one wide shot effects all posts on the page. if we can keep the width to say 700-800 pixels I think it would make for easier reading for all. I'm pretty sure that just about all us have a system that can handle that width. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? remember, this is Your forum! [/hat off]

As for the shot itself, well as I have stated before, I'm a real sucker for reflection shots and the clarity and framing here is superb considering the shooting conditions. Nicely done.

RM

Here's my favorites (so far) of my bikes:

229006556-M.jpg

192608548-M.jpg

Tina and her first bike, her CB400F. That's Stacey in the back, for those that know her, on her second bike, her R75/6.

219468943-L-1.jpg

OK, Sherman, if we're going to set the Way-Back machine. . . .

12769370-L.jpg

One of my first BMW group rides, circa 1986.

Worst Motorcycle Portrait

Should probably start another thread for the worst portraits, but...

Taken last year in the Adirondack Mtns.
(I wish this were "back in the day")

my "way back machine" doesn't have to travel far. this is about 5 months after i started riding, early Oct 04' somewhere in Iowa.

143409048-M.jpg

Well, not to be out "waybacked"... a scan from a mid 70's shot of me and my then GF, (who also was one of the first lady riders in the area, on a beemer, no less!) on my 73 R50/5 that had been punched out to an R60. I had been seeing her riding her bike around town for some time and each time i would start thinking, dang I 'd like to meet her, then shortly before a day trip to summit point raceway (where this was shot) I happened to meet this realy nice, great looking girl at a friends house, and well, it turned it was HER, which explains the sh*t-eating grin! Ha Ha!

tank.jpg

RM

Worst shot entry

" All dorks, report to the marshaling area in front of the dumpsters"

241429715-M.jpg

This is my first ride on my RT after a 15 year hiatus. That's Interlaaken behind me and this was my shakedown ride to make sure my tent wasn't moldy and stove wasn't rusty. The next week I bought some riding gear. As I recall, my helmet took the plunge off the handlebars at this stop. It happened about two more times before I wised up and started hanging them from the buddy peg. Those dumpsters have diamond plate lids. Typical Swi$$$$$$$

I might have looked dorky on the bike, but I've never not been a camper. Here's the view of the Eiger from my tent.

241421504-M.jpg

Back