Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself and your bike!

PCG , Nice to have you here and love your GS.
    Glad all is well with you.
    Mike
    Mike & Robin Fifer http://www.n-scale-model-trains.com/ 2002 R1150RT Current
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Fly Fishing Adventurer
    mfifer, Thanks. Saw your earlier post, sorry to see the damage. I haven't been in White Sands in a long time. Hopefully the winds have died down............pcg

Quote Originally Posted by porkchopgreasy View Post
    mfifer, Thanks. Saw your earlier post, sorry to see the damage. I haven't been in White Sands in a long time. Hopefully the winds have died down............pcg
    Oh yeah , I am ready to ride. Got my Hella lights fixed and ready to go.

1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Brief History

I'm new to the whole BMWMOA thing. I use to ride when I was young and thorougly loved it. However, I had to pay for university and the bike had to go. Over the past 18 months, I kept hearing the "call of the wild" to ride again. I did a bunch of research on bikes and riding and felt that the K12LT was the bike for me. I bought an '05 in the fall and have put about a 1m miles on it before the weather turned to winter. I live in the Chicago area and weather sure puts a halt to riding bikes.

I plan on taking the MSF ERC in the spring. And, looking forward to taking a couple of journeys in the near future. Please share your insight into what's in store for me in my first full biking season in '09.

Thanks,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulCibulka View Post
    I'm new to the whole BMWMOA thing. I use to ride when I was young and thorougly loved it. However, I had to pay for university and the bike had to go. Over the past 18 months, I kept hearing the "call of the wild" to ride again. I did a bunch of research on bikes and riding and felt that the K12LT was the bike for me. I bought an '05 in the fall and have put about a 1m miles on it before the weather turned to winter. I live in the Chicago area and weather sure puts a halt to riding bikes.

I plan on taking the MSF ERC in the spring. And, looking forward to taking a couple of journeys in the near future. Please share your insight into what's in store for me in my first full biking season in '09.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Welcome Paul! I think you will have a GREAT riding season and I KNOW you will have fun in the MSF class. It was nothing like I had expected and was quite a ball on the fat tired 250 Yamaha I rode.
    Mike
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

Wifes dream

Good Day to all
    Im not good at this sort of hing but lets try. First my wife is the reason for my riding. We met 25 years in Germany and all she talked about was BMW bikes and she was going to have one some day. (she was riding a suzuki 400). Ok lets fast foward, 18 months ago i got a wild hair and got my MC permit and signed up for MSF rider course. Well she was dumbfounded and ticked. You see her MC lic was never Transfered to US. Well ( I GOT THE BUG) both of us and our son got our lic within 1 month. Last month she finally got her dream a brand new R1200R for her birthday. As for me i ride a suzuki bandit 1250abs and son has a kaw ninja 500. Well thats our story and im sticking to it. We plan on riding as much as possible and hope to meet people from all over.
    Craig Haviland
    Geli Haviland
    Christopher Haviland
    Allentown pa area

Welcome to the forum, Craig. Your wife sounds like a keeper. Oh, after 25 years you already know that.
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Sounds like loads of fun ! Welcome Haviland's !!
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold

staciebug2923

Talking Stacia- Spokane WA

I am 23 years old and just bought my first bike in June, an 85 K100RS. I had a blast all summer.I learned a lot about riding technique, had fun and experienced the reality of someone crashing while on a ride. (She is ok, her bike is not). I was only able to log about 3,000 miles before the snow was flying. I am using my bike to get to the University and plan on saving for a new K bike when I graduate. Haven't decided which one yet. Besides bikes, I compete in ballroom and latin dance, ride horses, camp and anything fun. Life is short, you can sleep when your dead.

Stacia member #144945

I’m new to the forum here and enjoying exploring my way around, meeting a few of you and reading the great amount of information available.

I’ll be coming up on my 4th summer of riding this year. I bought my K75s with 11,000 miles on it and have around 43,000 miles right now. I love riding this bike and it is just now starting to feel like it’s getting broken in.

I’ve rode down the west coast 3 times now. Many trips to eastern WA and one wild ride with Roger Reuben up to his place one night in Pt. Alberni, BC. As many of you know, Roger passed away suddenly last month.
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....855#post405855

When I started looking for a bike to ride I had no idea what I wanted. Friends of mine that knew Roger took me to his shop one day to meet him and look at his bikes. One of Roger’s good friends Dr. Mike took me aside and talked to me about the K75’s for starters. It was an amazing day where everyone showed up at the shop all at once. Roger was in his prime and holding court, and the stars must have been lined up for me because there hasn’t been any looking back since. I found my Dakar yellow K75s on the IBMWR web site and as they say the rest is history.

I’m looking forward to meeting many of you either here online or hopefully out on the highways and byways of our great country side….

PEACE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Clark
    94 K75s

Stacia and Steve: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Wishing you many happy miles.

Uh, Stacia, you aren't riding in Spokane now are you?
    '12 K1600 GT

What is it you intend to do with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by staciebug3173 View Post
    I am 23 years old and just bought my first bike in June, an 85 K100RS. I had a blast all summer.I learned a lot about riding technique, had fun and experienced the reality of someone crashing while on a ride. (She is ok, her bike is not). I was only able to log about 3,000 miles before the snow was flying. I am using my bike to get to the University and plan on saving for a new K bike when I graduate. Haven't decided which one yet. Besides bikes, I compete in ballroom and latin dance, ride horses, camp and anything fun. Life is short, you can sleep when your dead.

Stacia member #144945
    hi Stacia - welcome!

you sound like the ideal candidate to write a "my first bike" article for the Owners News.

great choice of bike, btw. the 1985s were the finest year.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

staciebug2923

thanks

I just submitted an article to the editor and it might be put in the march or april edition. We'll see. All this snow is fun for a while but I really miss my bike right now.

stefan2108

me and my bike

hi there,
    my name is Stefan and I ride an `86K100rs. While living in the states i found my way to BMW??s on an `86R80. Probably the best bike I??ve ever owned. Having moved back to germany the end of 2000 I was forced to leave my trusty steed in pennsylvania and eventually sold it two years later. Having access to the Autobahn and other great roads I though I should own something sporty. I had my suzuki sv650s for 1 year and grew tired of it. Next I moved to a Dnepr (russian) sidecar for those family outings. it was lots of fun but the lousy brakes and questionable reliability brought me back to BMW and eventually back to the MOA. Rides are now reduced to sunday mornings and an occasional long day trip.
    (last spring I drove to Italy for a good cup of espresso and back in one day. little over 1000km lots of fun!
    let??s see where I can get my next good cup of coffee...
    have to wait until spring. it??s -12C today and the battery is on the charger.

Welcome Stefan!!
    1995 K75S Sold
    1996 R1100RT sold