• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Derek,

You, Chace and your peers are the future of BMW motorcycling and it makes me smile to consider that.

:thumb

Dave

Thanks Dave!

i may actually get to meet Chace for the first time tonight, she just got back from D-land..............

Eeeeeeexcellent!

15698133-M.jpg

Pigtown Willy

I've been riding for 35 or my nearly 50 years, mostly sport and road racing. Took up sport touring 3 years ago and ride about 20k per year with about half of that 2-up with my SO, the Amazing SheLaLa. I collect maps, books, motorcycles, and memories. Currently serving as VP for the Greater Cincinnati BMW Club, Charter #18 and am responsible for leading the monthly club rides. Really enjoy this organization, the people, and the functions. Rapidly turning into a "Rally Rat" tempered only by the recent arrival of my first grandson and newest hobby, Ben. Ride an '03 1150RT tricked out for long distance and endurance riding. Hope to see more of you 'out there' this season or at Georgia Mtn next month. L8R

Attachments

• MOA Profile.bmp
    122 KB · Views: 636
Recently Converted

Hi All:
I finally succumbed to my annual, late winter "I think I need a new bike" bug and bought a new '04 R1100SA - Pacific Blue Metallic...Great time to buy, bad time ride as we (here in SW Connecticut) experienced a few more significant snow storms...I was found by my wife, on more than one occasion, in the garage staring at it and otherwise giving it a good look...She called me a freak and went back to bed...Won't be the last time...anyway, obsessive sounds better than freak...

The beemer is my 12th bike since I began riding, almost 30 years ago...During that time I've had all japanese bikes - various dirt bikes and an array of rice rockets - some remarkable and collectible, others not so much...I still wanted a sport bike but required comfort, shaft drive and an otherwise reduced amount of upkeep...I also wanted a unique bike, which most jap bikes are not...I looked at Ducatis, Guzzis, Triumphs and even contemplated Harleys and continuing my pattern of asian bikes...The price flexibility and the BMW financing deal was way too good to pass up...I'm hooked...totally!

Motorcyclists are definitely a tight knit group, regardless of the name on the tank, but I've found BMWMO a pretty friendly bunch and also, as a new member of the BMWMOA, always ready to help out with questions (the Anonymous Book is awesome!).

Anyone looking to go for a ride in SW CT, send me a mail!

T

okay t-bones. sounds like you made a nice bike selection, but you know what a demanding bunch we are around here. we want pics. what color is it? didja get the 5 months with bmw making your payments deal? (i bought the snow queen with the same enticement. nice to ride for a few months, make no payments and still watch as the balance due on the bike goes down....)
welcome to what has become my favorite place on the internet.

I'm psyched to be here...

I got the Pacific Blue Metallic...And yes, I scored the 0.9%, 5 free payments deal...I was going to pay cash (raised from the liquidation of a couple of rice rockets) but thought - put the dough in a money market at 2.50% and have a cost of funds on 0.9%...I'll upload a photo soon...I need to compress the one's I have as they get kicked back...My Staintune pipes and system bags go on as soon as I hit the 600 mile mark...which means soon...

How did I miss this thread?

Okay, my name is Joe Merlino. I live in Boston. I'm a technical writer/author of computer books (look me up on Amazon if you want to see some of the stuff I've written). I'm 39 years old, and I've been riding since last July. I've wanted a motorcycle since forever. For years, I didn't have the money, and then when I did, I'd gone and gotten myself married. The wife didn't want me to get one at first. Some nonsense about not wanting me to die. :dunno

For some reason she had a change of heart last year. I dunno. Maybe she took out a big life insurance policy on me or something. Anyway, after doing some reasearch, I decided that the best bike for me to start on would be an F650. So I got one. Rode it all last season. Had a lot of fun, but ultimately decided it wasn't the bike for me.

For reasons of budget and practicality, decided to go with an airhead. Have had possesion of an '82 R100 for a couple of weeks now. I'm loving the hell out of it. This bike seems to suit me better than the F did. Now if I can just manage to sell the F.

The R100 needs some work. I don't think there's anything major wrong with it. It runs fine. It's got some rusty bits, and some pits in the paint that I'd like to fix. (Anybody know where I could get my tank repainted in the Boston area?). It could use new tailpipes and handlebars (rusty chrome looks horrible). I'd like to get it into really nice shape, and make it last for some time.

Last year, I joined the Yankee Beemers. Didn't make it to any rallies, but I should make at least one or two this year. Did a couple of rides with them, and that was a lot of fun. However, given my dietary restrictions at this time, it can be awfully hard to ride with a group whose motto is "Ride to eat/Eat to ride". :(

Well here goes.

My name is Terence and I like candlelit dinners, moonlit walks on the beach...oops, wrong forum.

I'm relatively new to the this site and I thought I'd post. I currently have a '71 R75/5 and an '87 K100RS. I bought the /5 in '78 when I was fresh out of college - one of the smartest things I did. I bought it from the original owner who didn't ride much, so I gladly took it off his hands. It now has 89K miles on it, most of which were put on in the early years that I owned it - what I refer to as my single, carefree days. Grad school, marriage and children prevented me from riding as much as I'd like, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. My children are older now and I have a little more free time so last year I bought the K bike. I've always wanted a "stable" of bikes so I'd have to decide which one to ride on any given day. My decision is pretty easy right now, but I'm hoping to make it harder.

I used to do a lot of touring on the /5, mostly from New England to Fla on the east coast, but now I mostly do short solo rides for pleasure. This winter I removed the Wixom fairing and US bars from the /5 and put on Euro bars. I added saddlebags to the K, so now I guess I have two sport tourers.

I'm not sure how to post pictures yet, but here's a link to my bike pictures, for those that like pictures as much as I do. Hope it works.
http://terham.smugmug.com

Hi Terence

Welcome to the forum. Those are two great looking bikes. I had a 71 R75/5 (with the same big tank, only white) back in the day... I saw it a few months ago and the owner let it go to hell, I shoulda kept it. Anyway here's to ya. :drink

nice looking stable terrance - of course i am biased in favor of bikes that are black and white....welcome to the monkey house dude.

Welcome wagon

I'm impressed, he posted in the right place, made a funny joke and posted pics all in the same note. A round of applause, free drinks on Brad!

Wow, it was great reading through everyone's stories. What an excellent group of folks.

As for me... My name is Kylinn. I'm a 32 year old professional female person. I am single, no kids, never been married and loving it. I grew up in and around Oakhurst California, where some of my family still resides. I currently live in Oregon and own a beautiful (if I may say so) R1100S. I started on a Honda 50 when I was about 9 years old, rode a bunch of other dirt bikes after that. I started with riding my dad's street bikes when I was 16. He was a great teacher, and continues to be a wonderful person to ride with. (Actually he's a wonderful person in general) Both of my sisters and both of my brothers ride too, although it's far too seldom that we have the opportunity to ride together.

I'm new to the BMW community, but my father has had beemers for as long as I can remember, and I have always loved them.

It is my forthright intention to purchace a digital camera, with which I can send many little pixels to all of your computers that visually represent the fantastic places that I have been riding lately. Unfortunately I have no camera currently and I'm not up to the thousand word thing so.
Thats all. :wave

Back