• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

hopefully we will have better weather than that. I almost took my bike out today, but had to restrain myself, there is a lot of sand, and junk on the roads from the snow melting. Maybe tomorrow. :dance

Just saw the local weather report for Marion, Ar./ Memphis, Tn. area. Low to mid 60's Fri. Low to mid 70's Sat. and low to mid 60's Sunday and clear all three days. Winter ridin in the Mid South area at it's best. :clap :bow :heart

<b>Van and Bo<b>

I rode solo till I got the dog then found myself riding a lot less and driving a lot more so I could take the dog. Then diesel hit $4.50 and the truck just wasn't working for us anymore. So...

BobajiVanAndSidecar.jpg

Please...don't ask me to purchase an associate membership for the dog. Not that he's not worth it, but it's the principle of the thing.

"Neutered...And Lovin' It"
http://www.bobaji.com

I am ANDY ,Last year I rode a R 2007 R loved it Just found my self with alot of miles so this spring I traded for a 2005 RT and so far rode it 60 miles ,can't wait to ride a weekend or so,by the way glad to be a part of this Whole thing. looking forward to meet and greet some of you on this big road of Life.

Hello, new to BMWMOA, and the RT is my first BMW. Back on bikes again the last couple years after a decades long break. Owned some British bikes way back when. Got a Sportster in 06, then a V-Rod in 08. Found I like long rides now that I have the time so I took a test ride on an RT. It as all over for the V-Rod after that. The RT is outstanding. Can't stay off the thing. After just a couple months
it is close to needing new rubber. Too Much fun.

Attachments

• 010DSC_0089.jpg
    010DSC_0089.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
New Member from Northern CA

Just joined.

Been active at other forums, IBA and BMWST.

Own an 07 1200RT with 40K miles.

I'm married with nine children and eleven grandchildren.

I like to: ride, motorcycle tour, camp, fish, bicycle, play softball and basketball.

Teacher in Northern CA … Always busy but plenty of time to ride!

2009-February041.jpg

2008-AlaskaTrip127.jpg

2008-AlaskaTrip470.jpg

Hello All,

Just rejoined MOA after a year and a half absence. I was a member for 18 years and glad I rejoined!

My name is Don and I live in a historic cottage community of Bayside, Maine which is about 14 miles north of Camden and 3 miles south of Belfast. We are right on Penobscot Bay which is beautiful. You can see our village by visiting my wife's website; www.baysidecottagerentals.com

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I got my first BMW back in 1987 which was a 79 R100RS. From there I purchased a 1991 K100RS which I didn't like nearly as much. When the US got their first shipment of R1100GS, I purchased that bike new and have owned it ever since.

The first trip I took with the GS was from Vermont to Prince Rupert, BC. Took a ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and then crossed back to the mainland and headed back home. I was gone for 26 days. I've never taken on such a trip again mostly due to work and then a serious illness. My health is better now and I'm hoping to make a cross country trip in September.

I almost purchased a 2006 Multistrada about a month ago. I've always loved Ducati. I was ready to make the commitment and the sun came out one March day and the temp was 45. I went to visit my GS in a cold garage and turned the key and it started without much effort (no, the battery was not on a charger). Took a 35 mile ride and felt that smile come across my whole being. This bike "fits me" like a glove. I came to my senses and passed on the Multi.

I'm getting some work done on the GS with new Ohlin's, some good touring packs, and other basic maintenance. I hope this will be one of my best riding seasons.

By the way, when I'm not in Maine, I'm living on my 32' sailboat for about 5-6 months a year heading up and down the eastern seaboard.

If you find yourself in my neck of the woods, give us a call.

I rode solo till I got the dog then found myself riding a lot less and driving a lot more so I could take the dog. Then diesel hit $4.50 and the truck just wasn't working for us anymore. So...

BobajiVanAndSidecar.jpg

Please...don't ask me to purchase an associate membership for the dog. Not that he's not worth it, but it's the principle of the thing.

"Neutered...And Lovin' It"
http://www.bobaji.com

Just found your videos!!!!!! Great job. You guys are having a good time on the road.

Please post more.

Hello All,

Just rejoined MOA after a year and a half absence. I was a member for 18 years and glad I rejoined!

My name is Don and I live in a historic cottage community of Bayside, Maine which is about 14 miles north of Camden and 3 miles south of Belfast. We are right on Penobscot Bay which is beautiful. You can see our village by visiting my wife's website; www.baysidecottagerentals.com

I've been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I got my first BMW back in 1987 which was a 79 R100RS. From there I purchased a 1991 K100RS which I didn't like nearly as much. When the US got their first shipment of R1100GS, I purchased that bike new and have owned it ever since.

The first trip I took with the GS was from Vermont to Prince Rupert, BC. Took a ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island and then crossed back to the mainland and headed back home. I was gone for 26 days. I've never taken on such a trip again mostly due to work and then a serious illness. My health is better now and I'm hoping to make a cross country trip in September.

I almost purchased a 2006 Multistrada about a month ago. I've always loved Ducati. I was ready to make the commitment and the sun came out one March day and the temp was 45. I went to visit my GS in a cold garage and turned the key and it started without much effort (no, the battery was not on a charger). Took a 35 mile ride and felt that smile come across my whole being. This bike "fits me" like a glove. I came to my senses and passed on the Multi.

I'm getting some work done on the GS with new Ohlin's, some good touring packs, and other basic maintenance. I hope this will be one of my best riding seasons.

By the way, when I'm not in Maine, I'm living on my 32' sailboat for about 5-6 months a year heading up and down the eastern seaboard.

If you find yourself in my neck of the woods, give us a call.

Welcome. Did you build a "little house"? I had a link once but can not find it.

Thanks for the replies!

Actually no, I didn't build a "little house" but I did restore the one that we live in. If you visit the bayside website, click on "contact us" and look for the red cottage on that page. It used to be a boat building shed that produced 18' daysailors.

Howdy, hola, aloha, 'sssup!

New to the BMWMOA and to beemer bikes. Just picked up a sweet '99 R1100RT with less than 18k miles. Having lots of fun with it. Also have an HD Heritage Softail and a couple of Suzuki gixxers (GSXR 1000 & 1100). Been riding for 37 yrs and have had many bikes. You know what, I love 'em all. :bikes

This is a really cool club and it's fun reading the forums. I enjoy reading the different experiences riders go through when they're out and about, close to home or touring. Hope to meet some of you on the road, somewhere, someday.

I'm 54, retired and loving it. :dance I'm a combat vet, retired Police Officer, Commercial Pilot and former Actor. Worked a few Law & Order episodes (all three) first as a long haired, tattooed, multi-pierced bad guy (which I do have, except the bad guy part :whistle) . Then later as an NYPD officer (after I cleaned up my act) but since I'm out of acting, I'm back to the long hair, piercings, etc.

I love riding (naturally). I also dabble in music and astronomy but my heart is in the Rocky Mtns where I hope to go back to soon. I'll tell ya, there's nothing like it. I can't even describe the sheer beauty of the rockies as you're gliding by those "fourteeners" on two wheels. Oh heck, anywhere I ride I'm happy, as long as I'm riding. ;)

Welcome back GS and welcome in Nomad!!
Glad to hear from all of you and happy your here!

Mike

HI, I'm Walt, well I started riding when I first Joined the Navy in 72, my folks told me that as long as I lived under their roof, I would never own a bike. But I had watched "Here comes Bronson" in the lated 60's and always wanted one.

I was up in Connecticut on a Sub, and bought a 59 VW to get around and couldn't get insurance. one day I was at the insurance company asking about insurance. they wanted $600 every 6 months for liability insurance on the bug. about then another guy shows up and pays his bike insurance policy, $67.00. I ask the lady how much it would be for me, about $50 for a 500cc bike. sold the bug the next day and bought my first bike a Suzuki T-500 Titan. and I have been riding since. I have owned 6 hondas, 2 yamaha, a harley, and now I got a R1150 GSA.

I ride to work everyday when ther is no ice on the road about 10 months a year. I am going to put in for the further milage program this year. I am ready I think. should be easy to place in the top ten in oregon. I was riding last month when the temps were down to 27 degrees. I was wondering what the wind chill was at 785 miles an hour.

I am retired form the Navy, served on Nuclear submarines for 20 years. I think that is part of the reason I like to ride so much. being out in the open now...

I have riden in 46 of the 50 states and right now I am planning a trip to Alaska next year, I want to go to the Artic Circle. I have been under the ice many times on the boats. I also need to go to 3 more of the canadian provenses to get them all, but I have never been to mexico. Maybe someday.

I hope to see you someday on the road. Like Bronson, I'm heading down that long lonesome highway............

HI, I'm Walt, well I started riding when I first Joined the Navy in 72, my folks told me that as long as I lived under their roof, I would never own a bike. But I had watched "Here comes Bronson" in the lated 60's and always wanted one.

I was up in Connecticut on a Sub, and bought a 59 VW to get around and couldn't get insurance. one day I was at the insurance company asking about insurance. they wanted $600 every 6 months for liability insurance on the bug. about then another guy shows up and pays his bike insurance policy, $67.00. I ask the lady how much it would be for me, about $50 for a 500cc bike. sold the bug the next day and bought my first bike a Suzuki T-500 Titan. and I have been riding since. I have owned 6 hondas, 2 yamaha, a harley, and now I got a R1150 GSA.

I ride to work everyday when ther is no ice on the road about 10 months a year. I am going to put in for the further milage program this year. I am ready I think. should be easy to place in the top ten in oregon. I was riding last month when the temps were down to 27 degrees. I was wondering what the wind chill was at 785 miles an hour.

I am retired form the Navy, served on Nuclear submarines for 20 years. I think that is part of the reason I like to ride so much. being out in the open now...

I have riden in 46 of the 50 states and right now I am planning a trip to Alaska next year, I want to go to the Artic Circle. I have been under the ice many times on the boats. I also need to go to 3 more of the canadian provenses to get them all, but I have never been to mexico. Maybe someday.

I hope to see you someday on the road. Like Bronson, I'm heading down that long lonesome highway............

Welcome Walt. Glad to have you.
I had a good friend that has passed away but he was on sub's.
I will never forget , he used to tell a story about submariner's and flyboys in a bar.
After many barbs back and forth, it was pretty clear the sub had many advantages to the aircraft at which point the pilot said to "Bill" "Well all of that is true but there is one thing for sure , I bet I can get my bird in the water before you get your sub in the air"
The bar finally went silent and a round of drinks was shared by all.

Mike

Stacia

Welcome, Stacia.

It is great to have young ladies like you in our Organization.
Thank you for your contribution in the "First Bike" column. You got a really nice bike.
I hope to meet you in Tennessee, in the National Rally.
Next winter, if you have too much snow at home, try to aim South !

Warm regards.

266142268_b6uDW-L.jpg

Hi, Walt,
It's nice to have another ex-bubblehead on the forum. And if you do want to go visit Ruben in Oaxaca, let me know. I lived in Mexico (Aguascalientes) for a couple of years and worked mostly in Mexico for nearly 20 years. The only club rally I attended was in Tequisquiapan in 1986, but they do know how to have fun and the Mexico rallys are top notch. Now that I am (forcibly) retired, I have the time and wouldn't mind seeing some friends in Mexico City and making some new ones elsewhere in the country.
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
'95 K75RT
'94 K75A/3
ex-QM2(SS) USS Nathan Hale SSB(N)623G

Me and my Beemers

[Hi, I'm Tom Lemke. I live in Westfield NY, which is about 10 mi. from the PA border just off I90. My frist BMW was a 1978 R60/7. After 2 years, I traded it in on a 1978 R100S in Luffmister touring trim. In late fall of 1984, I traded it in on a 1984 R100RS LE. It was on this BMW that I qulified fro the 100,000 miles on BMW's award. In May of 1987 on my way to the Squar Root rally in MD, I totaled it while trying to slow down from 55 mph on oily wet black top. I was highsided at about 50 mph, but was not injured due to being fully protected from head to toe with BMW helmet, leathers, gloves and boots. I replaced the RS with a 1987 K75S, which sold in 1992. I was away from motocycling until 2006, when I bought a 2005 Honda VT750 Shadow Aero. In 2008, I started looking online for a K100RS. I found one on the BMWMOA Flea Market. It is a 1991 Pearl White one, with 35k on the odometer. I put a set of Brigestone BT-21's on it, and I love the way it handles. The belly pan and both sides of the faring are scarred, and the right side mirror is also scarred. I intend to have these things repaired this year. I' also having trouble with tha ABS. the ABS light flashes and the brake light stays on; any suggestions?

I hope to get to the National and the Finger Lakes rallies this year; hope to meet you there.:german

Back