• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

Bubbagazoo

Excellent post, bubba,

Nice to see husband/wife riding.

My wife is quite petite, 5' 95 lbs soaking wet and a novice bike rider.

She rides a Suzuki Marauder which she purchased new last August.

I just picked up a new 1200RT last weekend and can't wipe the grin off my face.......

Good luck to both of you.

Go Oilers Go !!!! :clap

KBasa said:
We'd rather this wasn't used as advertising. :buds

Thanks, man.

Sorry for the ad-type posting...somebody said, "got a card" and I ran with it! :banghead

Just got back from Santa Fe~ Grrrrrrreat ride out west, if you discount the 400 mile day of rain... Gorgeous Riding in Santa Fe though.... the "pavement ends" signs were a joy to behold!

SM

No sock riding style?

So you sit on the bike while it's on a trailer pulled by a car?
Just couriousÔÇö BMW riders do have a rep to uphold.

I did ride out there.... honest! :violin
I thought that pic came out pretty cute though, so I thought I'd post it...
I'm writing a review of that trailer for BMWMOA, very cool thing - "Trailer In A Bag" - breaks down into like 5 pieces and stores in a big duffle...

Been watching the forum for a while and thought it was time to jump in and say hi..

My name is Tim, IÔÇÖm 45 and been riding for a relatively short time (16 yrs).
Picked up my first BMW on May 5th after being a loyal Honda rider. I must say that I'm very happy with my choice. Another first for me will be attending the National in ÔÇ£itÔÇÖs not flatÔÇØ Vermont, And camping to boot.. At least IÔÇÖm going to start out camping.. I figure that way IÔÇÖm closer to the beer at night..

Just saying hello.

Hi, my name is Frank and I live in eastern N.C. near the right ocean. I am 55 years old. I love long distance touring, but am not crazy about camping. The weather in our area has never been conducive to pleasant camping. Summer is too hot and winter is too cold, so I never became a fan of the activity.
After putting about 32k miles on a Dynaglide, many with the wife on the pillion. I came to the conclusion that we needed a real touring machine. After finally selling the old Dyna, and rejecting Harley's touring machines as all chrome and no substance, I hot footed it to Morton's BMW in Va. and satisfied a deep lust for a new R1200RT. This unusally intelligent decision I owe to a transplanted friend from San Francisco. He led me to the light and I will forever be in his debt. My wife Artie (and riding buddy) is now a very happy woman.
I am new to BMWs but hope to be around for a long time. If you are ever in the area and need a tour or advice about anything relative to eastern N.C. in particular or the southeast region in general give a call. I will always take time to ride. I have added my info to the anonymous book. Hope to hear from you if you're ever in the area.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Statdawg.
I liked my Harley as a cruiser, it's just that I got bored with cruising. I never fit into the "image". I finally realized it was because I wanted to be a motorcyclist and not a biker. I was at my first HOG meeting when the safety officer of the chapter got up in front of the meeting and told the members that there was a bill in the state legislature to do away with the helmet law. He encouraged everyone to write their representatives to support the repeal of the law. I never went back. The mentality of skid lids, doo rags, and bar hopping on a motorcycle eludes me.
I found my Harley to be trustworthy, rugged, but primitive by all other bike standards.
I didn't mean to get on my soap box, but I've been holding that in for a long time. I'm shutting up now!
If you ever get to the Crystal Coast of Carolina be sure to look me up.
:bikes

My name is Curt and I live in Plano, TX. I have been married 26 years to my wonderful wife Yvonne and we have 3 great kids. This past May I turned 50 and for my birthday present and answer to a minor mid-life crisis, I bought my first BMW... a black 2002 K1200RS. AWESOME bike! Actually, this is my first motorcycle period as I've never owned one before. The last time I rode a motorcycle was 32 years ago when I was a freshman in college on a friends Honda 550 Four.

It's great to be a part of the BMW family and I am really enjoying my K bike. I am slowly getting my miles up and have put around 4700 miles on my black beauty since I bought it. I am having a ball and I am looking forward to doing some touring this fall in the Texas Hill Country.

Welcome Obdewla. Mid-life-crisis? You have not had a mid life crisis until you have spent some time with this bunch. Enjoy the K, keep posting and put a picture of your bike up on the K forum. Welcome

K Bike

Thanks M1ka & tessler for the welcome aboard greetings.

My K12RS is basically stock although I have added a few things mainly for looks. It is easy to see where what little money I have left over for myself at the end of each month will be going for the foreseeable future! Whether it's clothing, performance enhancements, aesthetics or touring accessories it is absolutely endless. I guess that's why someone came up with credit cards... hmmm.

As for the avatar, yes FZ. If my aunt only knew what she got started when she gave me that Hot Rats album when I was 13!

Attachments

• Black Beauty Too.JPG
    Black Beauty Too.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 396
Greetings, Folks:
I am a new member as of 8/31/06 (#1273490). I currently reside near El Centro, California, where I was born and raised. I'm fifty-nine years old; married to Candy for twelve years; two grown step-children. I am retired from the Border Patrol (4 yrs.), for whom I was a patrol agent and a pilot for 24 years.
I've been riding motorcycles for 44 years. My first bike was a 1956 TR-6 Triumph Trophy. I have always been partial toward the older Brit bikes, having owned one other Triumph and two BSAs over the years.
I acquired my first beemer in 1982; a 1980 R-65 with 20 thousand miles on the odo. It's now got 120 thousand on it. It just refuses to die.
I currently own: 1970 TR-6C Triumph Trophy (my second bike ever); 1980 R-65 BMW; 1997 R1100R BMW; and my latest acquisition, a 2003 R1150GS.
My interests include wrenching on just about anything; eg: old cars, bikes, airplanes, helicopters, fishing reels.
My goals for the remainder of my riding career include riding/touring every part of the Western United States, and , especially to ride all the way to Prudhoe Bay, AK. I LOVE MOTORCYCLES.

Well, I guess I should ...

introduce myself. I'm Robert and I'm a relatively new member and BMW owner. (Jeez, this is starting to sound like a confession at some kind of Addicts Anon. meeting). I started riding when I was 14 on an Allstate Crusaire (sp?) almost 46 years ago, and I haven't been able to quit; I've experienced a hiatus or two though (Vietnam and Grad School), but I've never been able to "kick the habit."

Since the little blue Allstate, I've owned several different bikes (mostly British, the last one being a '74 850 Commando). Currently, I ride a '95 R1100RSL that I bought after buying my wife a '05 Vulcan 500. Rising gas prices was her excuse for wanting a motorcycle; so I thought if she could have a bike, I could too because the rising gas prices affected me as well.

I initially started looking at the early to mid-seventies British models when I stumbled upon a '73 R75/5 "Toaster" for sale on e-bay. Although I didn't buy this bike, it switched my focus to BMWs. (I've always liked these bikes, but I really don't know why I never owned one before). Besides, I began thinking about electric start verses kick start ... hmmmmm, let me think. Oh god, how I missed those times when my Norton decided to give me a lesson in anger management and finally started after only 50 kicks or so, explaining why my right thigh was two inches larger than my left one. No contest, the electric start wins! However after considering unleaded gas and other changes in modern petroleum products, I felt buying a later model would be my best bet, so when I ran across the '95 oilhead, I bought her. I just had a good feeling about the bike from the minute I saw her.

Oh my god, this is a confession. Maybe now I can go find one of those old "Toasters" and add it to my stable without feeling guilty. I feel so much better now; thank you for listening.

Robert :wave

Introducing...

Me! Hi, my name is Jessica and I LOVE MY F650GS! It's my first and only bike and I'm starting to take it on as may day trips as I can squeeze in between work and the gray New England weather we have had this late August. In the 4 weeks I've had it though, I've racked up about 1400 miles on it which I don't think is too bad for me, a NEWBIE (as you guys would put it) but I've been told that I ride my Beamer like a Veteran so I don't know.

Anyone know of any groups like "Ladies of BMW" in New England that I can ride with or at least get in touch with? Let me know.

I look forward to meeting more of the group via forum, rallies, & other BMW enthusiast gatherings! Safe riding everyone...

JessicaF650GS :dance

JessicaF650GS said:
Anyone know of any groups like "Ladies of BMW" in New England that I can ride with or at least get in touch with? Let me know.

I don't know of this group...let's form it...you, me, iRene, Chase, Murial...I think we have a quorum. Welcome! BMWBC (biker chicks) :dance

JessicaF650GS said:
Me! Hi, my name is Jessica and I LOVE MY F650GS! It's my first and only bike and I'm starting to take it on as may day trips as I can squeeze in between work and the gray New England weather we have had this late August. In the 4 weeks I've had it though, I've racked up about 1400 miles on it which I don't think is too bad for me, a NEWBIE (as you guys would put it) but I've been told that I ride my Beamer like a Veteran so I don't know.

I look forward to meeting more of the group via forum, rallies, & other BMW enthusiast gatherings! Safe riding everyone...

Hey Jessica - Come on down and meet with the Yankee Beemers. It's co-ed, but you'll meet at least a few of the great women who are members. You might even like a few of the guys, too.

Back