• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tell us about yourself and your bike!

BradfordBenn said:
We will let you pass until you get the digital camera, then we want photos. There is even a thread on the forum debating what digital camera to get. (http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=4451&highlight=camera)

Thanks BradfordBenn, the information was much appreciated. I'm off to check out dpreview and will probably have a one by next week. Then, I imagine there are also threads that address putting pictures on the forum. I might be back to ask for more advice at that time.

I was really impressed by some of the pictures on the recommended thread, I'm inspired to try it out. (Today's ride was breathtaking, I wish I could have shared some of it with you all.) :p

My RT

I've been taking the RT offroad more and more since I have been visititng AZ. For those of you that don't know me I am a member of the rounders and try hard to ride year round. Anyway I kept taking the '04 Rt off road and it kept getting dirty.
Well I started cleaning it last week and taking off all that tupperware and the more I removed and the more I cleaned, the more it seemed to change. Here is what I found under all the tupperware and mud.

21163168-M.jpg

Photo taken on Route 66 in CA after leaving the RawHyde Adventure Rally in CA.

A Newbie from Haslett Michigan

Hi, this is really my first full year for riding. I have two bikes - 2001 R1100S and a F650GS (my commuter). Currently, I am a professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Michigan State University. Hope to hook up with some riders from the Lansing area for some full rides.

Except for the lack of a local BMW motorcycle dealer, enjoying the bikes.

Steven A. Melnyk

New Rider

Hello, my name is Donna and I LOVE to ride a motorcycle-'05 F650GSAL. Before last year, I was riding on the backseat of a K1200LT. I hope more women choose to ride their own bike because it is much more fun.
I am an elementary music teacher and I have a husband and a 2 year old. Many of my friends say that I am crazy for learning how to ride a bike after I had my first child-I completely disagree. I hope to meet more women riders that have the same view I do-I wouldn't ride a bike 10 years ago, now all I want to do is ride. :bikes

motowoman said:
Hello, my name is Donna and I LOVE to ride a motorcycle-'05 F650GSAL. Before last year, I was riding on the backseat of a K1200LT. I hope more women choose to ride their own bike because it is much more fun.
I am an elementary music teacher and I have a husband and a 2 year old. Many of my friends say that I am crazy for learning how to ride a bike after I had my first child-I completely disagree. I hope to meet more women riders that have the same view I do-I wouldn't ride a bike 10 years ago, now all I want to do is ride. :bikes

Hi Donna.....I Share Your Passion For Riding As Well..... :D....Like You I Started Riding On The Back Of A Bike...... I Thought I Looked Good On The Back Of A Bike.....BUT I Look Better On The Front Of My OWN Bike...... :p
I Have A K75RT And I LOVE That Bike......I Took The MSF Course, And I Am Definitely Glad I Did.....I Don't Have Husband....And I Am Definitely NOT Looking For One......Nursing Is My Chosen Career..... Not Being Dependent Waiting On A Man To Ride With......Priceless.....My Bike Was A Challenge For Me At First...I Am 5'1" And Weigh 115....But I Was Determined....
Best Of Luck To You....... :clap

Riding Mom's Rule

motowoman said:

Welcome Donna, I got my license when my daughter was 4. My now ex husband said "no wife of his was going to ride". LOL, he was right, I rode off 4 months later. My daughter is now 10 and we do more rides together.
You absolutley can have it all! :wave

Gail

Keeping the thread alive.

Found my 1976 R90/6 in a clients garage. The engine was in several boxes, the gas tank sitting on the floor in the corner and the Vetter faring was behind the garage. I was in love! $500 later the pile of parts was mine.

My original thought was to hone my motorcycle wrenching skills on this bike, but I'm no wrench, so off to the BMW shop it went. A few months later I'm ridding a BMW.

Motorcycling started for me sometime in the mid to late 60's with a Honda Trail 90, then a Honda 175, followed by a Triumph 250 and a Kawasaki 350 enduro. Fast forward through a couple decades and ex-wives to a Kawasaki KLR 650 and now the R90. I really regret not ridding during most of the 80's and 90's.

I'm now married to a very wonderful woman who still likes me. I've been a photographer my entire professional life, shooting corporate, industrial and advertising gigs. Right now I'm employed by one of my former clients working at a realy great job. I'll post a shot of me "down the road somewhere." Here's a shot of the R90/6.

Attachments

• 1976_R90.jpg
    1976_R90.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 671
BMW Beauty said:
Hi Donna.....I Share Your Passion For Riding As Well..... :D....Like You I Started Riding On The Back Of A Bike...... I Thought I Looked Good On The Back Of A Bike.....BUT I Look Better On The Front Of My OWN Bike...... :p
I Have A K75RT And I LOVE That Bike......I Took The MSF Course, And I Am Definitely Glad I Did.....I Don't Have Husband....And I Am Definitely NOT Looking For One......Nursing Is My Chosen Career..... Not Being Dependent Waiting On A Man To Ride With......Priceless.....My Bike Was A Challenge For Me At First...I Am 5'1" And Weigh 115....But I Was Determined....
Best Of Luck To You....... :clap

Welcome! Nice to have you!

ian

Back