• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Make my own avatar?

Can't seem to get my link to work. Keeping getting message that it is invalid. Placing it here to see if there is a problem.

1190515002_yK2tz-Ti.jpg

Can't seem to get my link to work. Keeping getting message that it is invalid. Placing it here to see if there is a problem.

The picture looks fine...is has proper dimensions, 100x100. It appears to be a JPG. But the avatar isn't a link...it must be upload to your profile. You can link pictures in to a post (just as you did here), but avatars must be uploaded.

Thanks 20774.

It is a bit confusing because Option #1 under Custom Avatar suggests I can link to an off site image. Maybe it is some sort of Smugmug issue. I just saved the image and uploaded it. Seems to be working fine. I appreciate your help.

creating avatar

Hi - I'm trying to create an avatar - I down loaded irview and resized my picture to 70x61 pixels - When I go into my profile it says the avatar can't be larger than 19.5kb yet my 70x61 pixel picture is 30.3kb - any suggestions?

What you'll need to do is reduce the quality of the image. I use the Irfanview program...when saving the file as a JPG, one final thing I can control is the level of quality. Since the avatar doesn't need to be very high quality, begin slightly reducing the quality until the size is reached. You'd be surprised how much space can be saved by reducing the quality down from 100% (highest quality) to 95 or 90%.

Jim -

Good to know! There's always some kind of tool on the Internet...just got to know what to look for!!

Back