• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Make my own avatar?

KBasa,

Just curious, the avatar size can be 70 x 70 pixels, what if the picture isn't square, can it just be a total of 2100 sq. pixels? Thanks, you are doing a great job, and I love the forums.

Rich said:
KBasa,

Just curious, the avatar size can be 70 x 70 pixels, what if the picture isn't square, can it just be a total of 2100 sq. pixels? Thanks, you are doing a great job, and I love the forums.

Thanks for the comments!

Actually, we have a maximum permissible size of 70 pixels in either direction. The can, as you can see by BradfordBenn's avatar, be animated Gifs, as long as they don't exceed the maximum filesize.

Re: changing avatar

IRONHORSECOWBOY said:
Checking to see if my change went through. :)

Remember, once you change your avatar, it's changed on ALL of your posts.

Well here goes nothing. I really like this fourm bussiness. Lets see if I are smurt nuff to work it.-- thanks Felix the cat:dunno :dunno

Attachments

• thing for fourm.jpg
    thing for fourm.jpg
    961 bytes · Views: 240
Re: Avatar's?

fedagato said:
Well here goes nothing. I really like this fourm bussiness. Lets see if I are smurt nuff to work it.-- thanks Felix the cat:dunno :dunno

Nizice!

:thumb

Perhaps he'll return for some special occasion... Until then he's on the prowl for cheap booze and loose women.

RW

Thanks, I happen to have some real nice 5-0 surgical silk complete with half-circle taper needle right next to my cable saver in my little checked bag - "BE PREPARED"!!

Make my own avatar

Many thanks to Kbasa for the instructions on page 1.
I still can't believe the Secretary of State gave me that plate. :D

Testing the Avatar instructions

If this works, that's for the instructions. If it don't I'll try again

Thanks!

But I am computer literate

Ok, I'm confused. Clearly I have loaded an avitar before, but I can not seem to find an option in the Edit Option section to upload another one.

second question, I can't find the place to change the text under my username. :help

It is a little odd in the new forum system.

<hr height=1>
1. Open your user control panel.

2. Click on "Edit Avatar" in the menu to the left under "Settings & Options". It is the fifth link down.

3. At the bottom of the page is a section for "Custom Avatar". Click on "Choose File".

4. find the file on your computer that you wish to use. Remember, it has to be less than 70 pixels by 70 pixels and under 19.5 kb.

5. Click on "Save Changes".

6. enjoy your new avatar.

<hr height=1>
Custom User Title (text above avatar):
1. Open your user control panel.

2. Click on "Edit Profile" in the menu to the left under "Settings & Options". It is the third link down.

3. The page that comes up is broken into sections. Under the section titled, "Optional Information", the first subsection is "Custom User Title". This is where you change the text above your avatar. In the blank field, enter your new user title. Your current title is in bold just above this field.

4. at the bottom of the page, click on "Save Changes".

5. enjoy your new Custom User Title.

<hr height=1>
Make sense?

Technical difficulties

Thank you for the detailed instructions, it confirms what I was seeing, rather not seeing. I don't have either of the options you referenced. See the pic of edit profile, optional information section below. There is no custom user title section.
There is no custom avatar section on my edit avatar page.

Attachments

• optional.jpg
    optional.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 203
Back