• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K12LT mirror replacement

john1691

My LT had a chip in the left side mirror glass when I bought it, so I ordered a new piece of glass. The instructions to remove the mirror glass say to remove the pod, then place it on a towel and bang the back of the black plastic housing. This worked like a charm, but now I can't seem to get the new mirror glass back in. Anyone go through this and have good results? I wasn't too worried about breaking the old one, as it was being removed. I am worried that banging the new one back in could break the new mirror. Suggestions?

Last edited:
mirror replacement

Have you tried looking on www.bmwlt.com this is a LT form. there is a good group of very knowledgeable people. try posting your question on there.

Back