• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment 01/26/08

Thanks for the input Tom

Actually a Polarizer was used in all the photos and all are underexposed by a half or one to get the saturation. It was a very bright sky and auto exposure was not working. I agree that the Bryant picture is the least interesting. I took other more interesting pictures, but that was a landmark I could not leave out.

Brad arrives home only to find his frozen over in the dark. Sigh. I would have liked to have seen this composed as a mailbox with an icicle hanging off rather than of the icicle. Do you see what I mean? More mailbox.

Hmmm I tried the more mailbox, but it gave me problems with the white balance and flash bounce, I could not get the image/shadow right. So to me I went for the shadow more. Any suggestions on how to deal with that one?

Back on the road still - Atlanta this week.

Hmmm I tried the more mailbox, but it gave me problems with the white balance and flash bounce, I could not get the image/shadow right. So to me I went for the shadow more. Any suggestions on how to deal with that one?

Back on the road still - Atlanta this week.

By "flash bounce" I assume you me reflection. That sounds like a tough one. You could buy a diffuser for your built-in flash (if you were using your XT), but that's often more accessories than one wants to carry, especially when traveling.

It sounds as though you made several attempts and chose the one that worked best in those conditions. What do I know?

Good luck in Atlanta. Jeez, I hope they at least feed you well.

Ok, gotta ask, is that the same Tony Pacos of the Sweet/Sour pickle fame? If, so, how do I get some more of them pickles?

I'll be honest; I've never been a big pickle guy; but they always give me some with my order of Packo's dogs, anyhow. You can order all their different types of pickles and pickles & Peppers from their website, http://www.tonypackos.com. From there, just click on "Products" near the top left, and you can order all sorts of tasty stuff from there!

Josh,

Nice pics.

I think I know exactly where each of those shots was taken... :)

:ha

You've been in the area once or twice, eh? :)

I DID get a really nice shot of the new bridge. It would have looked great, except a gray/silver bridge against a gray sky just doesn't work very well. I'll have to go back to the same spot on a day with a nice cloudless blue sky and try again.

Back