Photo Assignment 01/26/08
I've been ruminating on a thread idea, andÔÇöwith your indulgenceÔÇöI'd like to switch things up a little bit this week. Change can be difficult, though, so let's bear in mind these simple rules:
- Photos must be shot between 01/11 and 01/27/08.
- You must provide the EXIF information if asked. If you need help, we can show you how to find it or even link it to your photo.
- No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
- Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
- Post only once, with three photos in one post. Those attaching photos can post three posts in a row, each with one photo.
- Title your post. Do it. Do it.
- Post only your final photos in this thread. A separate thread for test photos, commentary, and chat can be found here.
- And the most important rule: Have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.
This week's theme: "My Town"
This week's photo assignment is a photo essay. Don't just show us, but tell us about where you live, and do so only by showing us three photos. Please no text except for a title. Do it. Remember, this is not your house, but your place, town, or location. Of course not all of us live in towns or cities, but you get the idea. Illustrate where you live photographically. You may post only three shots, no more or no less, please. The three shots can be shot at the same time, or at different times, or even on different days. All three must be shot within the time limit above, though.
Spend some time thinking about what you want to photograph, then set out to do it. Consider whether you want all three shots to be similar or wildly different, and what that says about where you live. Perhaps you want all three different, one wide, one telephoto, one close up. Indoors or out? Daytime or night? Snowy or sunny? I've extended the time because we're all dealing with weather, but I didn't want to wait until spring. These photos will be of locations, but will you include people? Will you put your bike in one of the shots?
To recap: Three shots, no text, post test shots and comments over here, and have fun. Show us your town.
Last edited by BubbaZanetti; 01-11-2008 at 07:56 PM.