Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 169

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 01/05/08

  1. #46
    franze
    Guest

    Van Halen


  2. #47
    franze
    Guest

    For Lamble





  3. #48
    rocketman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    This week was the excuse to buy that macro lense I have been lusting after. New Nikon 105mm. Just learning to use it. I already know I need a better tripod. Why does it always work that way in photography?

    Yah mean kinda like motorcycling? one farkle leats to another?

    RM

    "International Man of Mystery" - SNC-1923

  4. #49
    Still Wondering mika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fly Over Land
    Posts
    10,704
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

    St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    30

    Nice shot!

    That is some good pic's how about this IMG_0103

  6. #51
    SNC1923
    Guest
    John--thank you so much for putting together that index. That's really great, man.

    Twintoaster, let's see that shot again. If you need any assistance in linking a photo, search for a thread on how to do that or PM me; I'd be happy to help.

    Nice photos everyone.

    Franze, you got some 'splainin' to do.

  7. #52
    Living in exile Threeteas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,859


    No points for guessing what it is.

    I call this picture...Keep still you little sod, a flash has never killed a squirrel has it?"

    Catchy title eh?

    Clues to the other pic...

    It's an old story.

    The answer is there in black and white.

  8. #53
    SNC1923
    Guest
    Statdawg:

    Your two pictures are a study in the importance of background. Both are odd choices (as were mine, nearly identical table). The BG in the second photo seems to fight for the viewer's attention, no? In the first photo, the shoes jump out.

    Interesting. . . .

  9. #54
    SNC1923
    Guest

    Keep still you little sod, a flash has never killed a squirrel has it?

    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    This is really an intriguing image and I love the title. It's underexposed, but that works for this image which is simultaneously mysterious and self-evident.

    We now know how you squirrel away the hours. . . .

  10. #55
    Living in exile Threeteas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    I bet it was a tough shot with a tea cup in the other hand. Balance ??????????

    I did momentarily think about a liberal amount of superglue near the seeds, but then I just relied on taking lots and lots of shots. Some are much clearer but less interesting, others are just seed and an empty deck, or a paw or a bit of fur.

    I prefer this one's proportions...the pic that is, not the squirrel, they are just rats in posh coats.

    For such a shot, I'd use a camel back and sip tea through the plastic pipe..."one absolutely must find a way to imbibe, don't y'know!"

    On that...saw Sweeny Todd last night. Depp is better than Dick Van Dyke at accents, "Cor blimey Mary Poppins!" but I fear my idea to launch a Brit pie shop may have been crushed by this film...should I sue?

  11. #56
    SNC1923
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    I fear my idea to launch a Brit pie shop may have been crushed by this film...should I sue?
    Bugger all!

    Actually, I'd be your first customer. Any sausage rolls by chance?

  12. #57
    SNC1923
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    The second one is too busy. The first one I thought was too much out of focus ? Or lack of depth of Field ?
    I'm not looking at them under a loupe, but they both appear in focus to my weary old eyes; however, you are using two very different angles. The first shot is an oblique angle wherein the shoes recede into the distance, whereas the second shot is more dead-on from above.

    This is what bricciphoto was referring to in post #2.

    I still like the first shot better, FWIW.

  13. #58
    franze
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    John--thank you so much for putting together that index. That's really great, man.

    Twintoaster, let's see that shot again. If you need any assistance in linking a photo, search for a thread on how to do that or PM me; I'd be happy to help.

    Nice photos everyone.

    Franze, you got some 'splainin' to do.

    The more I looked at the Van Halen shot, the more it looks like it's been messed with. Kinda looks like one of those half-tone postives I made on Litho film back in the days of yore when I took a photo manipulation class at SJSU , but, it isn't. It hasn't been altered, shopped, processed, filtered, or had any freshness additives, preservatives, artificial colors or crunch enhancers. That's a hand held shot with a point and shoot 200$ camera. I'll let you stew on that. Same with the ode to Lamble shots.

  14. #59
    Living in exile Threeteas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Bugger all!

    Actually, I'd be your first customer. Any sausage rolls by chance?
    I do have sausage rolls, I make my own. I should have taken a close up of some of the mince coming from my sausage making machine, that would have either puzzled or digusted you all. I bought a smoker too, so I can smoke sausages and I have only three more months of dry air curing and I'll be able to try my first home made proscuitto.

    I'll tell you this...if that little @#$%^#$ing squirrel had moved one more time, he or she'd have ended up in the mincer too.

    I'm guessing a hazelnut stuffing?

  15. #60
    Living in exile Threeteas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    The more I looked at the Van Halen shot, the more it looks like it's been messed with. Kinda looks like one of those half-tone postives I made on Litho film back in the days of yore when I took a photo manipulation class at SJSU , but, it isn't. It hasn't been altered, shopped, processed, filtered, or had any freshness additives, preservatives, artificial colors or crunch enhancers. That's a hand held shot with a point and shoot 200$ camera. I'll let you stew on that. Same with the ode to Lamble shots.

    Franze, Please sir, please Sir, me Sir, me Sir , I know, I know, me, me, me, me, I know, please Sir, sir, sir , sir , me, me, me!!!!!

    I won't tell!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •