• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 01/05/08

Incredible piece of luck

I just happened to be in the vicinity today when the Harley Davidson promotional train came through. Here's the caboose coming down a hill to the station.

240144694-L.jpg

Then I was able to get this shot

One of the flatcars with the crated HD's on them. Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time.

240142594-L.jpg

On my way to the train station....

I saw my neighbors leaving on their HD. As you can see they are not the ATGATT types. Most people wouldn't put their Harley out in that much snow! I think they may be highcentered!

240157104-L.jpg

Thanks

This week was the excuse to buy that macro lense I have been lusting after. New Nikon 105mm. Just learning to use it. I already know I need a better tripod. Why does it always work that way in photography?

This week was the excuse to buy that macro lense I have been lusting after. New Nikon 105mm. Just learning to use it. I already know I need a better tripod. Why does it always work that way in photography?

Yah mean kinda like motorcycling? one farkle leats to another?:laugh

RM

"International Man of Mystery" - SNC-1923:laugh

John--thank you so much for putting together that index. That's really great, man.

Twintoaster, let's see that shot again. If you need any assistance in linking a photo, search for a thread on how to do that or PM me; I'd be happy to help.

Nice photos everyone.

Franze, you got some 'splainin' to do. :ear

240327821-M.jpg

No points for guessing what it is.

I call this picture...Keep still you little sod, a flash has never killed a squirrel has it?"

Catchy title eh?

Clues to the other pic...

It's an old story.

The answer is there in black and white.

Statdawg:

Your two pictures are a study in the importance of background. Both are odd choices (as were mine, nearly identical table). The BG in the second photo seems to fight for the viewer's attention, no? In the first photo, the shoes jump out.

Interesting. . . .

Keep still you little sod, a flash has never killed a squirrel has it?

This is really an intriguing image and I love the title. It's underexposed, but that works for this image which is simultaneously mysterious and self-evident.

We now know how you squirrel away the hours. . . .

I bet it was a tough shot with a tea cup in the other hand. Balance ?????????? :whistle

I did momentarily think about a liberal amount of superglue near the seeds, but then I just relied on taking lots and lots of shots. Some are much clearer but less interesting, others are just seed and an empty deck, or a paw or a bit of fur.

I prefer this one's proportions...the pic that is, not the squirrel, they are just rats in posh coats.

For such a shot, I'd use a camel back and sip tea through the plastic pipe..."one absolutely must find a way to imbibe, don't y'know!"

On that...saw Sweeny Todd last night. Depp is better than Dick Van Dyke at accents, "Cor blimey Mary Poppins!" but I fear my idea to launch a Brit pie shop may have been crushed by this film...should I sue?

The second one is too busy. The first one I thought was too much out of focus ? Or lack of depth of Field ?

I'm not looking at them under a loupe, but they both appear in focus to my weary old eyes; however, you are using two very different angles. The first shot is an oblique angle wherein the shoes recede into the distance, whereas the second shot is more dead-on from above.

This is what bricciphoto was referring to in post #2.

I still like the first shot better, FWIW.

John--thank you so much for putting together that index. That's really great, man.

Twintoaster, let's see that shot again. If you need any assistance in linking a photo, search for a thread on how to do that or PM me; I'd be happy to help.

Nice photos everyone.

Franze, you got some 'splainin' to do. :ear

The more I looked at the Van Halen shot, the more it looks like it's been messed with. Kinda looks like one of those half-tone postives I made on Litho film back in the days of yore when I took a photo manipulation class at SJSU , but, it isn't. It hasn't been altered, shopped, processed, filtered, or had any freshness additives, preservatives, artificial colors or crunch enhancers. That's a hand held shot with a point and shoot 200$ camera. I'll let you stew on that. Same with the ode to Lamble shots.

Bugger all!

Actually, I'd be your first customer. Any sausage rolls by chance?

I do have sausage rolls, I make my own. I should have taken a close up of some of the mince coming from my sausage making machine, that would have either puzzled or digusted you all. I bought a smoker too, so I can smoke sausages and I have only three more months of dry air curing and I'll be able to try my first home made proscuitto.

I'll tell you this...if that little @#$%^#$ing squirrel had moved one more time, he or she'd have ended up in the mincer too.

I'm guessing a hazelnut stuffing?

The more I looked at the Van Halen shot, the more it looks like it's been messed with. Kinda looks like one of those half-tone postives I made on Litho film back in the days of yore when I took a photo manipulation class at SJSU , but, it isn't. It hasn't been altered, shopped, processed, filtered, or had any freshness additives, preservatives, artificial colors or crunch enhancers. That's a hand held shot with a point and shoot 200$ camera. I'll let you stew on that. Same with the ode to Lamble shots.

Franze, Please sir, please Sir, me Sir, me Sir , I know, I know, me, me, me, me, I know, please Sir, sir, sir , sir , me, me, me!!!!!

I won't tell!

Back