• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Parabellum windscreen

i bought a used one and according to FedEx it will be here Saturday Jan. 5th. once i install it i will let you know what i think about it.

i can tell you parabellum is a first rate company. my bike is an '07 but the guy i bought it from has an '02. a quick call to Parabellum and i found out the windscreen itself is the same only the mount hardware is differant. they are sending me the proper spacers, bolts etc. free of charge. now hows that for service!

my parabellum windscreen arrived late yesterday so i did not have a chance to put it on the bike. sometime today i will install it and go for a test ride to see what i think about it. i can tell you this just from looking at it, it appears to be very well made. it is quite thick and compared to the windscreen (ermax) i currently have on the bike it is much wider. from looking at it i would think it would direct a lot of wind/rain around your body. the windscreen i bought will have to be cut down as i am sure it will be to tall for me. this shouldn't be a problem as i cut down my current screen. i plan on using the parabellum windscreen for winter riding because it appears it will offer the most protection from the wind/weather. i want to also use it for long trips (Gillette, Wyoming) on the interstate where i hope the increased wind protection will allow me to put some long days in the saddle without becoming fatigued from wind buffeting. although i have not tried it yet i do think once the summer gets here i will switch back to my current windscreen as it will allow more air to reach me and my mesh gear, keeping my cooler. this is all subject to change after i try the parabellum out.

George

PS: the additional hardware i needed to mount this screen to my bike arrived from parabellum yesterday as well. i am hoping my hippos hands will fit once the parabellum is installed, as they are a must for winter riding here in the north east.

i put my parabellum windscreen on today and here are my thoughts on it. as i figured it was to tall for me and needs to be cut down. prior to cutting it i thought i would give it a try, even though i would be looking through it all the time. i found it to be much more noisy then my current screen (ermax) as well as allowing more wind buffeting on my head. since it is wider then my current screen i am sure it would provide much better protection from the elements (rain, cold etc.) then my ermax screen. i came home from my ride and did not bother to cut the screen down so i could see over it. i prefer the quieter ride and the less buffeting my ermax provides. perhaps if i did cut the parabellum down it would work better for me but after my initial test i have no desire to go through the trouble to cut it only to find out i still do not like it. so if anyone wants a good deal on parabellum windscreen let me know. perhaps it will work better for you then it did for me.

George

I recently instaled a Parabellumon my f650. My first ride was 200 miles. My first assesment was the screen was not quite tall enough to ride with my helmet visor up and the screen was uncomfortably close to my face. I was also experiencing more wind than I expected behind a shield of that size. My next try was to put the stock screen back on leaving the parebelum on , that solved the excess air behind the shield for me. I next put (approx.) 3/8 in. shim between the shield and the top mount bracket which moved the shield further from me and put the air stream a little higher. This change I felt was an improvement overall. I really like the width, quality and protection the Para shield gives. Just wish it was further away from the rider. It doesn't appear to me that anyone makes a shield that is comprable to the performance of the aeroflow for a f650 . Still tweeking.

well i think i am going to give the parabellum another try. this time i will put the small stock fly screen on the bike in addition to the parabellum. after a test ride if this has reduced the wind behind the screen i will cut the parabellum down so i can see over it.

i may not do this right away as it is snowing & cold today and my garage in not heated. if it doesn't warm up any by the end of the week i will go to home depot, get a propane heater and once the garage is nice and warm i will swap windscreens. i'll report back and let everyone know how i make out.

Back