• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fee for Camping? Fee for Rally?

M

moonbeamer

I was wondering what fee's may be associated with the rally. Like entrance fees or camping fees on site. This will be my first national rally and I wasn't sure if I should make camping reservations or if there is a entry form to mail in with fees. Or is everything covered with my member dues??

I will be coming from Virgina and when I get back home it should be a loop that will be over 5000 miles worth of riding and I wan't to be prepaired.

Thanks for the info. :)

For members and their guests one fee covers camping, booklet, admission, swag drawings and contact with a cast of characters to be found nowhere else.

Later, usually around April you will be able to register on line.

I went to the Finger Lake Rally last year and I definatly was happy to have a set of earplugs. I won't forget them this time either. But my wife will be bringing hers as well. She didn't have any at the finger lakes... :brad

If you want to be prepared for camping, be sure to bring earplugs - there might be a few (!) people who snore.

Moonbeemer, There is an area of the camp site usually identified as "quite camping" , in case you are interested.... ear plugs may not be needed in that area , but you never know....

Always bring earplugs. Put some in your toiletries kit - more than one pair. People snore, zippers zip, portapottie doors squawk, people toot - a real night symphony:dunno

Muriel

Moonbeemer, There is an area of the camp site usually identified as "quite camping" , in case you are interested.... ear plugs may not be needed in that area , but you never know....

There is no such thing as quiet camping. It just depends on what time of night it is noisy. If you are anywhere near where the night owls sit and party to the wee hours it is not quiet in the wee hours; and if you are over in the quiet zone, then the pot banging, bike starting, stove filling, coffee conversations start just about a half hour after the other zone got quiet. We have camped at both. Ear plugs can help at either. Not complaining at all - that's a rally - but I wouldn't you to get caught of guard without ear plugs.

As Paul said ...

I've been to a few Nationals now, and Regional rallies galore, and there is no such thing as "quiet camping area". Truth is there are quieter, not so quiet, and "Party All Night" areas.

It will be interesting to be at a Nartional with my Rig as it has double insulation, AC, and all the comforts of Home .... Oh wait ... it is My Home LOL. This will be the first National that I will not be sleeping on the ground ... Hmmmmmmm? :nyah

And as for riding in WY ... if you miss Shell Canyon/Beartooth/Red Lodge/ Chief Joseph Hwy then you really missed it. :banghead
If you are tired of riding, go to Cody and visit the musuem ... best in the West :thumb

It would be really cool if you or I or someone put up links to the 'do not miss places' like you mentioned above. At least then it's all tidy and neat in one thread.

I've been to a few Nationals now, and Regional rallies galore, and there is no such thing as "quiet camping area". Truth is there are quieter, not so quiet, and "Party All Night" areas.

It will be interesting to be at a Nartional with my Rig as it has double insulation, AC, and all the comforts of Home .... Oh wait ... it is My Home LOL. This will be the first National that I will not be sleeping on the ground ... Hmmmmmmm? :nyah

And as for riding in WY ... if you miss Shell Canyon/Beartooth/Red Lodge/ Chief Joseph Hwy then you really missed it. :banghead
If you are tired of riding, go to Cody and visit the musuem ... best in the West :thumb

It would be really cool if you or I or someone put up links to the 'do not miss places' like you mentioned above. At least then it's all tidy and neat in one thread.

I suspect that will be worked by the rally committee and then posted on the MOA web page. Stay tuned . . .

Lived in Gillette 1984 to 1987. Been back a few times. Looking forward to July! :)

awesome. I didn't pay too much attention last year as I wasn't go and had only just joined. I can't wait for the info to start rolling in.

People toot - a real night symphony:dunno

Muriel

Using earplugs tends to make you forget just how loud your own farts are! Throw a few thousand people camping closely together and you have a real sensory tour de force. :snore
Ron

Or, you can look at ( 08 Rally Roads ) that I started in October! See if you see these places and much more in that thread. Add to it if you like, that was the idea for members to add roads and places to see. Good luck, See you all in Gillette. I'm already there. :nod Richard

Places, Rides & Things Not to be Missed

As time gets closer I will post another thread of places/Things Not to be Missed.
:bikes

Back