• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Texas Retirement ride

Timba

Luckiest Man Alive
No, not me, not yet at least. My good friend Tom celebrated his entry into the leisure class today.

Lee and I took him on a nice circuitous ride to Wimberley for breakfast.

It was a bit brisk when I departed the house at 0820. The sun had risen.
237318532-L.jpg

The thermometer was not following the sun’s example.
237318294-L.jpg

Three miles later it was brisker still.
237319284-L.jpg

Lee and I met Tom at his house at 0900. Roadtrip the cat wouldn’t let Lee out his sight.
237319637-XL-1.jpg

We took the back roads from Tom’s house, and hadn’t been rolling for more than ten minutes before this herd of deer tried to kill me.
237320187-XL-1.jpg

Ahhh, the back roads of the Hill Country, nothing better.
237320978-L.jpg

Our leisurely ride to Wimberley turned out to be a little too leisurely to keep our breakfast plans. We missed breakfast by minutes, but lunch turned out to be a fine alternative… Veggie burger ala Cypress Creek Caf?®.
237321744-L.jpg

We headed out to Luckenbach after lunch, and ran into a fellow ADV-er on his stealth GS.
237322458-L.jpg

Tom and Lee are both showing their age—they were looking longingly at this Gold Wing.
237322851-XL-1.jpg

Anyway, it is nice to see someone now have all the time they want for riding. (Or at least all the time they can get off from chores) :)

Help!

the wife and I hit a deer on our way home from the Harvest Classic in October, luckily nobody hurt except the deer and our bike....trying to get a sidecar I found to replace ours shipped from Dragoon AZ. Wondered how to post a message for anyone coming back on I-10 from CA to perhaps pay their gas if they'd find the time to bring it anywhere near the Texas Hill Country. Don't really know how to use the forum but it was suggested I inquire on it to find help.
Any ideas on the topic would be greatly appreciated
Happy New Year,
Norm H
MOA #35136

Congrats to your buddy...I slid into retirement today, but did a retirement ride in same area three times last week looking at property...that one lane road looks real familiar..
great pics and report! we are headed to Luckenbach to meet group at noon today. What are those cars & trucks doing in the bike parking?:scratch

veggie burgers?

in the land of q how dare you blaspheme in here.:whistle

congrats on the retirement. it's the best job i've ever had.:dance

We did get it fixed back to New but alas bought a spyder. 92 R100r with velorex 562 Lowell Neff Leading Link front end is on EBay guess the reserve hoping I'll get more it's worth it

Back