• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photo Assignment: Weekend 12/29/07

S

SNC1923

Well, I've had a nice week off. I hope each of you has enjoyed your holiday and some time off or at least a slow down in work. I encourage each of us to continue capturing images of "Holiday Warmth and Motorcycling." At the same time, we should move on to our regularly-scheduled Photo Assignment Threads. Lest we forget our time-honored parameters, we humbly offer these simple rules:

• Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
  • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
  • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
  • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
  • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo. You may post more than one photo, but try to keep it to a handful.
  • Title your photo so it can be referred to later.
  • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
  • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Three"

Three seems to be a mystical number, the one magic numeral in equations, formulae, Pi, even the holy trinity. How does "Three" inform your photographic aesthetic? Let's see what you've got. I'll offer some feedback on these next year.

Then thou must count to three.
Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three.

Five is right out.

:)

D300!
Darn! That's a great camera. Virtually no noise at 800 ISO.
(Still, I just got a D3 but still prefer the colors of the Fuji S5)

Keep shooting.

Gil

Three oldies.

Very nice, love the color (esp. the red one). I gotta ask, are all those yours? I am soooo jealous!

I can't wait for spring when I am hoping to get a nice/2 myself I love those old bikes and I have some very fond memories of my days riding one.

Sweet!

RM

Very nice, love the color (esp. the red one). I gotta ask, are all those yours? I am soooo jealous!

I can't wait for spring when I am hoping to get a nice/2 myself I love those old bikes and I have some very fond memories of my days riding one.

Sweet!

RM

Now is the time to get a vintage bike so you can work on "fettling" it before spring. DAMHIK.

Sweet!

RM

Thank you. Yes, they are all mine. The black and blue ones (and the white one in my avatar) have factory original paint. The red one was restored by Tim Stafford

I am fortunate that I can afford to own a nice group of old BMWs. Not much else though :)

Amigos

Three metal Amigos at Quicksilver in Study Butte, Texas

Attachments

• ThreeAmigos.jpg
    ThreeAmigos.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 235
Three more Amigos.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• 2007_1229December0016.JPG
    2007_1229December0016.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 231
Tres Amigos R?ípidos

heh heh

Attachments

• DSC_0038 (4).JPG
    DSC_0038 (4).JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 212
then there were three

Then There Were Three

checkmate-2-web.jpg

RM

Viki's Third...

Viki just took my picture and pointed out that I am her "third". Ha ha, very funny.

Attachments

• DSC_0056 (3).JPG
    DSC_0056 (3).JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 169
Back